close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found the Harley for me.

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Big_Jim, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Big_Jim

Big_Jim

My cousin is serious about a harley, so we stopped at the shop to check them out. After sitting on a dozen or so bikes the Fatboy is for me. Kinda appropriate. Now if I can get my hands on $18,000.:supergrin:

Guess I'll have to keep the Honda a few more years.

2. g29andy

g29andy CLM

I thought I wanted a Fatboy for a long time, until I rode a FL. The touring bikes are very comfortable on long hauls. I think my Road Glide is at least as nimble as the Softtails around town as well.

Those Fatboys do look good, though. They still catch my eye. If you get it, post some pics.

3. jlw_84

jlw_84 General Glocker

This is the only Hardley Ableson that has caught my eye in a while.

2007 Night Rod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Big_Jim

Big_Jim

I really like the looks of some other bikes better, but my butt in the saddle is what sold me on the Fatboy.

I checked out the V-rod's too. To me they have a weird balance. I heard the salesman describe them as "scary fast". Its not for me, but I'm sure that it is bound to be somebodys favorite.

5. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Fat Boy is a nice looking bike. But, so is the Heritage. The Heritage costs about the same, yet it has bags and a Windshield -- both essential for going more than two miles from home. Also, the wheels on the FB are a problem in gusty areas. Most guys change them out for that reason.

If you get a Fatboy, you will buy bags and add a windshield and you will change the wheels out. At that point you will have a Heritage. So, why not save yourself a lot of money and grief and get the one that's road ready to begin with???

Me? I like FLs. There is lots of room to stretch out and the suspension is beefier than on the softail (i.e. great GVR). But, everyone I know who has a Heritage LOVES it.

Fat Boys are nice to look at. They are not suitable for traveling. Now, if you've got 18K to throw after a bike that sits in your garage, mayby the Fat Boy does make sense.

p.s. A number of my riding buddies have recently bought DeLuxes. Those are both good looking and ridable. They do require the purchase of bags and windshield however.

6. Big_Jim

Big_Jim

Thanks for the good info, I do like the Heritage. maybe I'll go look it over one more time.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

German engineering does that to a bike.:cool:

8. Cryptoboy

Cryptoboy Sr. Sr. Member!

God bless Porsche'!!!! ;)

It'll be interesting to see, with the new 96" motor in HD's, if they decide to manipulate a Revolution motor into a touring frame. That was the rumor for 08 Harleys, but that seems less likely now.

9. Mad Ryan

Mad Ryan

Here's one for ya... ;)