close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found some ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Glock30 Guy, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

I was in the local Walmart yesterday and decided to see what they had for ammo. Although I have been happily carrying Golden Sabre for a while since it's easy to find, I have always wanted to try Winchester PDX1 bonded rounds. I heard they were better in several ways. They had lots of PDX1 ammo here so I bought 20 boxes to shore up my stash, five 40 S&W and fifteen 45 cal! There was a small sign that said 6 box limit. The guy at the counter didn't say a word and neither did I. :tongueout:
    I have been seeing empty spots for this ammo at every location I checked for a long time. Finally came in on the right day.

2. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

So now we know why there is an ammo shortage as well as what type of individual you are. :upeyes:

3. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Let me guess, you support "redistribution of wealth" too. :panties: :crazy:

Why shouldn't he be able to buy what he wants again? :upeyes:

4. khufford

khufford

I never understood why people by ammo in boxes of 20, it's such a ripoff. You can get boxes of 50 Gold Dot for the same price...

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Winchester thanks you.

6. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Yup, I scored!

Gotta take care of yourself in these tough times...

If they had boxes of 50 I would have got those. If they had Gold Dots I sure would too. In my area I have to take what I can get. None of the best ammo ever seems to get here. Thats why I bought so much of this good stuff.

7. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

I guess that makes the 800 rounds of RA45TP I bought in Dec at 28.50/50 look pretty good.

8. glocksterr

glocksterr DirtyGlockHippy

why is it that the ones saying dont worrie about your guns or ammo are the biggest hoarders???

:upeyes:

9. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Because it is NO PROBLEM getting all the ammo you care to buy via the internet. I bought approximately 18,000 rounds in 2009. If you don't reload and are price sensitive, there are commercial reloaders in nearly every state.

BTW, there is no such thing as an ammo "hoarder".

10. glocksterr

thats not what i ment and congrats on the 18K.

11. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

as far as I'm concerned, hoarders are those scurrilous scoundrels that believe in reincarnation and are stocking up for their NEXT lifetime. Now that's just wrong...

12. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

So is this a thread about ammo at walmart or online?

And yeah, PDX1 is overpriced Ranger Bonded.

13. glocksterr

if you have more than you think you will ever have a need to use your a hoarder if for no other reason to have more than another or prvent another from having...

14. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Disagree. Given the political regime currently in power, it is a reasonable forecast to assume ammo will become more expensive in the future. There is no question ammo price/availability will be used in an attempt to impose "gun control". At my age and income level, I can reasonably accummulate a lifetime supply at the present time. Therefore, it is a very easy and proper decision to do so. In addition, my heirs enjoy shooting. They are young and unable to afford much ammo at this stage in their lives so if they inherit some from me, they will be very grateful.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  15. CTM_357

CTM_357 first gen. g17

:agree:

16. WmHBonney

WmHBonney

17. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

My point is, anyone willing and able to pay the asking price can easily buid a stash because the ammo is out there. I monitor two sites daily and five more weekly. Depending on what's out there, I'll spend $200-500 per month splitting between 9mm and .45 acp. I also have a couple of retailers I watch. Dick's will have 10% off handgun ammo once each quarter. I picked up a 1000 rounds of .45 last month for $360, not bad. Meijers also carries ammo and they have a 15% off general merchandise sale on occasion. Last time, I picked up 6-100 rd VPs of WWB for $17/100. Neither of these retailers have quantity limits so I'd much rather wait for their inevitable sale than play the dumbass hanging out at WM hoping to buy three boxes.

So, I call BS on anyone who says they can't find all the ammo they want or need. There is no such thing as a "hoarder". Only those that work the market to get what they want and those who just want to sit OTA and complain.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010