found lost lil kitten!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by jim2037, Oct 17, 2005.

1. jim2037

jim2037

Ok so I was at the local convenience store yesterday, and what to my surprise should I find between the Ice machine and propane tanks? A lil grey kitten half starved to the point its ribs are visible, covered in some kind of stinky garbage mess and a old wound on its chest that is possibly infected. I took compassion on the poor beast and took it home.

I gave it a bath and fed it good I need to find a home for the kitty. Does anyone here know of any rescue missions in the Charlotte NC area that will take in rescue cats? How about a vet in the same area that will do free or discounted treatment for rescued felines?

I cannot keep the lil devil, because my other 2 cats are already in rebellion about it. They have not left the bedroom since I brought the kitten home. Please help me find a home for it. I sont want to send it to the pound because in its poor condition Im sure they will euthanize it.

any suggestions?

Jim

2. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

At least keep it until you nurse it back to health!!!

Get it on Kitten Chow!!

To bad you are not in AZ!!! :(
    The little guy would have a ready home!!! :)

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Jim........

Check out: http://www.petfinder.org

You can do a search for shelters and rescue groups in your area for the little guy.

Most of the rescue groups here are no kill........

Please keep us updated.......

4. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

Aww come on, keep the little guy. Your other 2 cats will come around. My 2 old cats had would have nothing to do with Sydney when I found her as an abandoned kitten behind a trash dumpster, now they're inseparable. I'd keep her away from your other cats, especially if they're not current on all their shots, until you can get her to the vet to be checked out.

5. jim2037

jim2037

Ok, So Im keeping the cat (oh, like you didnt know that was gonna happen) So Im including a couple of pictures of the new beast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jim2037

jim2037

Yipes! Holy big pictures Batman! Sorry about that.

Jim

7. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

Cute little guy. Give him a couple of weeks and he (she?) will get some meat on those bones and shed off all the mangy fur. How's the chest wound look? The pics are a bit out of focus so I can't really tell but how does the face look? Are the eyes clear? Any discharge from the eyes or nose? Are the ears clean? Any inflamation or patchy fur anywhere? This will tell you a lot about its overall health.

8. SkyStorm82

SkyStorm82 DSG

Let us know what the vet says when you take him. Was he hard to catch?

9. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

Kitten Chow!!!

Before.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

10. jim2037

jim2037

I havent noticed any discharge from anywhere, her ears are clean and eyes are bright.. She has put on some weight since I found her already. The chest wound seems to be healing, the vet gave me some antibiotic stuff to put on it. All in all the vet gave her a clean bill of health just undernourished.

Skystorm, in answer to your question, No, she was not hard to catch I just called, Here kitty, kitty and without hesitation she walked right up to be petted. Which of course leads me to the conclusion that she is probaly part of a litter some asshat discarded. She is very friendly and loves to be petted. Oh well I have to go to work now, I have a new mouth to feed.

Jim

11. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Here's a great big virtual pat on the back! Good job rescuing the poor little thing and taking care of it.:) :cool:

12. sarge40

sarge40 Huge Member

Good job givin that little girl a second chance at a good life. Trust me, I know what its like. My wife and I have 4 cats, all of which we scooped off the street. All needed medical attention and all are very healthy now. It kinda felt good saving them from what would probably be a miserable existence. Probably giving 2 to her mom and dad who recently had their cat pass on.

I have to say, I used to be a dog guy exclusively. I hated cats. Never knew why, but I just did. Never wished them harm, but just never wanted one. Well that changed, and I'm a convert. I have certainly warmed up to them, and come to (sort of) understand their personalities. This change of heart may be my downfall. A feral cat that we feed just gave birth to a litter. We may be catching kittens sometime soon. ;9

BTW, got a name for your kitten yet?

13. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Jim, she is cute!!

You are probably spot on that some jerk threw her out.......

Bless you for rescuing her.

She looks like she is part Maine Coon and will get BIG......as in 15 plus pounds. I am just guessing.

Your other cats will eventually come around. Give 'em a while. They may take a while but will eventually tolerate her.

So she tested NEG for all the nasty kitty diseases like FIV, FIP?? That's good!! I assume the vet tested her for those.

14. walkin man

walkin man

Great job Jim, Glad you found and rescued her. She does look like she has some Maine coon in her. If she does she will be a pleasure always.

You can't save them all but you saved this one.

walkin man