close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found an autograph book with Sinatra in it

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by emt1581, Jan 31, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Tonight my family was going through pictures and we found the small book that looked pretty old. It said "Autographs" on the front of it. There were a bunch of autographs (1 or 2 per page), some that I recognized as singers/groups from the 40's and 50's and one of the last ones in the book is Frank Sinatra. This had belonged to my aunt who passed away about 15 years ago.

Anyways, I'm curious what something like this is worth?

I tried looking on ebay but prices seemed to range from $100 to a few grand.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! :)

-Emt1581

2. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Someone chime in with what babe Ruth, Ted Williams, and too many others to list, from the glory days of baseball, are worth all in one autograph book too please.

3. FEDLEO

FEDLEO I'm the rootenist tootenist shootenist

There was a person trying to get rid of a quilt with a bunch of autographs on it on pawn stars. They wouldn't touch it because they said it was impossible to price with numerous autographs. Plus there was the little thing of authinticating every autograph. Just thought I would share what I saw on there. Good luck with the the whole thing.

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Yeah, I saw that. There was a few hundred to a thousand different signatures. Plus some were stitched over the actual autographs so it made it near impossible to estimate a price/value.

Thanks though.

-Emt1581

5. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I can't help you on price, but based on your searching on ebay, without authentication, based on quality (not smudged, torn, etc.) you're probably look at the low end of the spectrum as opposed to the high.

6. FEDLEO

FEDLEO I'm the rootenist tootenist shootenist

That was the one. I would have no idea about that sort of thing myself but you said it had several sigs in it and made me think of that episode. Like I said good luck let us know what you find out it will be interesting regardless

7. RichJ

RichJ

I have a baseball with both Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams autographs on it. I met them both at different times when I was a kid.

Both sigs are badley faded and you would have to use your imagination to "see" them, but they are there. It's probably not worth anything except to me. That thing would fetch a small fortune in good condition. :crying:

8. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Have you done a Google search on "autograph valuation" yet?

9. moncoacp

moncoacp

Didn't they bury him? How did he get in the autograph book? Big book?