Glock Talk banner

Found a Very Rare Unicorn... My 2nd Holy grail of all Glocks...Gen 1 17L ported

4500 Views 42 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Rocky7
My first holy grail of glocks of course is a Gen 1 G19... Maybe one day... I have already a few new in the box Gen 1 G17s...

But 10 years ago I decided to buy a Gen 1 G17L Ported barrel... Well its been a journey... I have maybe seen 4 Gen 1 G17L's with Non Ported Barrels mostly on gunbroker... Selling north of $1k and only one of the four had the original box...only one sold for $800 but it had a replacement slide which the serial numbers dont match... And now on gunbroker there is one with non ported barrel and its not original and the frame has been customized and the slide and so forth and its north of $800 with 5 days left...

But than 2 years ago one finally popped up on gunbroker... Original box... original mags... ported barrel all matching i was excited... Yea not much longer when i couldn't afford to spend more than 1k and it sold for $2800 blah...

Wellllllllllllll I finally found my unicorn and yes its used but I love it... It was owned by a police officer and he decided to sell it to me and i was a kid on xmas morning...

Here it is with original tupperware box and has the stickers with the serial number that matches with all the info... (Lol damn the box is so wide) 2 Original U shape mags and a 33rd U shape mag... All original Black internals and the trigger bar is gold... Minus 3.5 Black Glock connector... DB serial and a CTT barrel code... OCT 88

How many ported barrels were in production?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations! That's a mighty fine Glock. Nice to see that your patience paid off.

· Registered
2,248 Posts
Very nice.......Lucky dog!!!

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that is something. Congrats. By the way, how and where are the early boxes numbered to the pistol? Herm
on the side of the box there will be a label from glock that will say...
1 unit pistol glock 17L CAL 9x19
2 units magazines
1 unit cleaning set/loading support
fixed sights or might say adjustable sights, trigger 3,5lbs.
and the serial number...

mine also says on the opposite side
glock 17 9mm long slide competition
barcode serial number

· Premium Member
20,112 Posts
Nice! Enjoy shooting that thing!

And if you need any money, that pre-ban 33-shot mag is probably worth $100 to $150 in certain states that have a state-level AWB/mag-ban, but still allow transfers of pre-ban mags. I can't tell from the photo; does the long mag have the period-correct +2 baseplate, or a later "+" baseplate?

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Good deal!

I happened across a Pebble grip G17 in 2000 or so.

Tok it home, dry fired it, and the trigger froze up.

My Dealer took it back, no questions asked.

That was the Only Glock I've ever had a hint of problem with.
No doubt it had many a mile on it by the time it fell into my mitts.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Wow! It's nice to see someone's journey come to a fruitful end. Or is this just the beginning? Ha! Enjoy the gun and be safe. All the best!

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice! Enjoy shooting that thing!

And if you need any money, that pre-ban 33-shot mag is probably worth $100 to $150 in certain states that have a state-level AWB/mag-ban, but still allow transfers of pre-ban mags. I can't tell from the photo; does the long mag have the period-correct +2 baseplate, or a later "+" baseplate?
Says glock than + 2 on the bottom... And no hole to push to pop out... Yes original... He also gave me not in the pic a 17rd with the +2 baseplate...

You know how many of the ported barrel exist? And whats with the rumors cracking in the ports?

· Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Congrats on finding what you were looking for and I am sure it will function just as good as it looks, but am I the only one here that just cannot rationalize paying $1000 for a Glock?
Alot of people cant rationalize and quite normal... But for rarity People pay... Everybody collect certain things... People paid well over 1k for a non ported barrel and $2800 with a ported barrel... Numbers don't lie and many have sold for Those prices....

Just like the show American pickers they are buying rusty looking junk that i cant rationalize people paying thousands why cause that's not my type of thing to collect but other People do pay Those prices....

Gen 3 and 4 17Ls don't have ported barrels and sell all day long for $800 and hundreds of thousands sell... The gen 1s were somthing like only 2 thousand made and maybe out of those only couple hundred ported barrels made...and majority of them were destroyed...so it's rare...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.