Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a new in box RTF 23 with the old frying pan finish.
Here I was picking up my shield 2.0 9mm because I had them install a set of Truglow TFX sights.
Well... I was planning to get a g 23 in the future but why buy a regular new glock with the "new" less durable finish when I could get a new never fired RTF 23 with straight serrations and that Frying pan finish....
I bought it. One of my better purchases of a pistol I made. A true gem these gen 3s with the old finish are.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Here I was picking up my shield 2.0 9mm because I had them install a set of Truglow TFX sights.
Well... I was planning to get a g 23 in the future but why buy a regular new glock with the "new" less durable finish when I could get a new never fired RTF 23 with straight serrations and that Frying pan finish....
I bought it. One of my better purchases of a pistol I made. A true gem these gen 3s with the old finish are.
Man I hear ya ! I almost traded off my older Gen 3 G30 the other day for a darn S&W Shield in 45ACP . I got to thinking about it and realized that I'd never find a better built compact 45 in the hard to find "frying pan" finish . So I kept mine. The frying pan finish is hard to beat !!!! Heck , it even made me like it more. Glad for your find !!!! Heres a picture of mine.
Wood Gun Firearm Line Trigger

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The funny thing is the older finish Glocks always look brand new no matter how much its been shot or put in and out of a holster. Lol
Man I hear ya ! I almost traded off my older Gen 3 G30 the other day for a darn S&W Shield in 45ACP . I got to thinking about it and realized that I'd never find a better built compact 45 in the hard to find "frying pan" finish . So I kept mine. The frying pan finish is hard to beat !!!! Heck , it even made me like it more. Glad for your find !!!! Heres a picture of mine. View attachment 377390

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The funny thing is the older finish Glocks always look brand new no matter how much its been shot or put in and out of a holster. Lol
If you get you a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel you'll have 2 guns in one ! Those G23's are awesome to do that in !

Reactions: Jringo8769

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ok
Man I hear ya ! I almost traded off my older Gen 3 G30 the other day for a darn S&W Shield in 45ACP . I got to thinking about it and realized that I'd never find a better built compact 45 in the hard to find "frying pan" finish . So I kept mine. The frying pan finish is hard to beat !!!! Heck , it even made me like it more. Glad for your find !!!! Heres a picture of mine. View attachment 377390
Ok, that is enough - going shooting tonight for sure. And not with a 30s but only because I DON"T HAVE ONE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Ok

Ok, that is enough - going shooting tonight for sure. And not with a 30s but only because I DON"T HAVE ONE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Mines the old standard 30 , not the 30S and not the 30SF . The old tried and true 30 .

Reactions: Taroman and SWFlGuy

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Apparently you are not doing enough draw and fire practice. I have a gen 2 19 that is starting to look a bit rough. My philosophy is as long as it is working keep running it regardless of how it looks and for me nothing is more satisfying than taking an old beater that looks like hell and shooting as well as and in some cases better than guys with all the fancy stuff

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
How would I know if a new to me Glock 30 has the old frying pan finish? I recently traded into a 30sf. It was my second Glock, now I have more. I'm hooked.
Here's an up close look at the frying pan finish . You can see how its kinda smooth and textured at same time. Just like a black Teflon coated frying pan.
Grey Silver

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I have a G-17,& G-22,& a G-21 they are all the gen3.
I have decided that I will never get back into Law Enforcement.
So I can't see any use to keep the Full size pistols.
They will make good trade use for compact pistols.
I have 19/23 so 30s and 26 are good carry size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like finding some of the earlier models and recently ran across a 24. But what does it mean "found a unicorn"?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.