close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found a great use for the Glock nylon bore brush

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Eins36, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

I am not particularly a fan of cleaning my gun. Just wiping it off after a few rounds at the range is all I need, except for the barrel...it does bother me to leave it dirty.

Enter nylon brush.

Without any cleaning agents, just push the nylon brush through the barrel a few times. Cleans out any loose powder and debris and that's all I want. Leaves it shiny and "clean" enough to carry it again and trust in the next bullet making its way through it.

For a routine barrel cleaning (like, every 6 to 20 weeks), I use a bronze brush.

2. KIWI-GLOCK

KIWI-GLOCK

I hate to sound like my nagging wife, BUT, eventually you should clean your barrel properly. Yeah, your pistol will (maybe) function with your approach to cleaning, but, if you expect any tool to function at it's best- it must be cleaned according to "best practice", which means a detail clean.

3. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I give mine to Pepper, to use as a toothbrush for getting DemocRAT debris out of his teeth.

4. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

I use mine to "brush" my Agrip, to 're-texturize' it a bit. It gets kind of matted after a couple of years.