GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
250 rounds is not hoarding. Its a range trip.
It's not my hobby anymore. Maybe I'll just try to trade it off for more 9mm.

Reactions: jmohme

·
M62/76
12,124 Posts
I love stumbling on long-forgotten ammo...

·
Huge Member
11,050 Posts
It's worth what it costs to replace it at today's prices. Maybe a little more if it is unavailable online or in stores.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Reactions: Caver 60

·
Registered
12,312 Posts
Reactions: Caver 60

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Reactions: Gladorn

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You can still get .45 ACP and GAP for $20 a box. Hell I know where I can get 9mm for $20 a box if I really need it but I won’t be buying much if any at that price.

Online? Prices are insane. Most 10mm is cheaper than 9 right now. Some Gunbroker ads are reaching $1 a round for white box range trash now. It’s getting crazy and I think we’ve surpassed the 2013 panic prices at this point.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I went to the gun show this weekend. People were nuts for ammo! There were some OK deals, there were some crappy deals. And there was a table with unlabled, unpriced reloads that just about gave me a heart attack when I asked for the price!

I've got a great supply of 9mm. But I'm still not headed to the range any time soon. I am kicking myself for not bringing a case or two to try to sell. I could have gotten some good money for it. With COVID and all we've tapped our savings pretty hard. Heck, after the gun show I went through my house and found two more cases of 9mm I had forgotten that I purchased.

I won't sell my rifle ammo, though. I'm not stacked anywhere near as deep, because I fired a good bit off throughout last year and never found the "deal" to stack it back up before all this happened.

·
Navy Veteran
5,323 Posts
Related: I know some gun guys that have joked that they should let their local fire department know where their ammo is stored in their house.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Also found this in the same area the ammo was (under a bunch of winter clothes) Full box. Must be 2 years old.

Masks.jpg

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts