Forza Coffee Club ~ Lakeland WA 2009

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by nitesite10mm, Jan 28, 2020.

1. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Sheepdog

Ever found yourself being in such a discomforting ****--show you just know is wrong?

Ohio Cop likes this.
  2. GWG19

GWG19

Please do elaborate.

3. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Sheepdog

If I thought you could understand I would explain. This is a career/job ache.

Ohio Cop likes this.
  4. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  5. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

I’d bet my last damn dollar that several, and probably many, in the CT hive mind understands exactly what you’re going through / talking about.

Shared burdens aren’t nearly so heavy.

nitesite10mm likes this.
  6. knoxvegasdaddy

7. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Sheepdog

Well I sat overwatch at another table and didn't socialize at all. Wore civilian hunting clothes. I think some thought it was over the top. Half were wearing stars or bars and their backs were to the room. Marked cars all parked in a cluster right out front of a restaurant you can see from an interstate off-ramp.

I just think more emphasis should be placed when there are public meetings like this.

8. knoxvegasdaddy

So maybe,

You should either have a room big enough for for all of you, or rent one. Y’all all don’t need to descend on a Starbucks or Panera to have a damn gathering if you think that’s risky.

If you all want to go eat together at a restaurant, civvies and concealed might be good.

If that’s where you’re at, I understand the angst.

Hope I got that right.

nitesite10mm likes this.
  9. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Sheepdog

A Cracker Barrel with a lot of available seats making the cops face the room. I got there an hour early and with the manager we set tables and seats to be against a wall, chairs against the wall; but all the stars and bars showed up said "WTF is this chair setup?" and they re-set the chairs so the Sheriff and his Chief Deputy and a Captain and a LT were looking out the plate glass windows while cops who can't hit a barn door were looking toward the main dining room.

I was sitting there ten feet away with a CZ Scorpion across my lap covered by a hoodie, and eating toast and orange juice and being the gray man and thinking "this ain't understood by them at all...."

10. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Never forget: this tragedy was brought to us thanks to the original thug- hugging Jesus Freak, Mike Huckabee, kicking the perp loose when he was governor of Arkansas because WWJD.

F*** that guy.

wprebeck likes this.
  11. seagravedriver

seagravedriver

I went to the same church as the "barista", or girl behind the counter when that happened. Those cops were not flakes, at least one got a weapon out, but things happen fast. Action is faster than reaction. I had coffee there in the past, and its easy to get drawn into a conversation and miss what's happening around you. (The guy on my avatar/photo with me was a very skilled chief officer, worked his way up from the ranks, and had a great skill set with wildland fires, yet he was killed in a wildfire). And there is all types of cops out there. As a rule, the city of Lakewood have pretty high speed people, as does the Pierce Country Sheriff who is nearby/boarder to them. Ya, Huckabee kicked the guy loose, I liked him and hated that action.

12. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

Yep...Clemons shoulda just been in prison still.
    But I'm of the generation that thought Hill Street Blues' roll call/shift change was done in the precinct/office.
    With all the distractions in a coffee shop and laptops demanding undivided attention and smartphones, the attack took seconds in a bad location.