close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fort Wayne Indiana Results!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jel, Jul 2, 2003.

1. jel

jel

The results have been posted on www.gssfonline.com!

Two new Master promotions: BL Warren and D Parker

Congratulations to all!

GSSF Staff

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Hey Bruce and Dwight...congrats you both are great Guys and I really appreciated the time that we talked...good luck with the Masters'.;f

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Congrats to all the winners and the two new promotees to the deep end. Way to go "Team Sidearmor" looks like two more 1st Place Plaques.

Nice job GSSF Staff, thanks for all the hard work.

4. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

holy crap holy crap HOLY CRAP!!

Great weather, well-run match, and what turns out to be my single best GSSF performance to date!

I actually won a pistol (in Comp, no less!), also won MajorSub and placed 2nd in AmCiv. My partner in crime placed 3rd in AmCiv and 2nd in Subcomp. Team placed 2nd.

So now... what pistol to get? What a nice dilemma to have! :cool:

See you all in Marietta OH in 30 days!

5. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

Well, I didn't win anything, but I'm very happy. It was a great match all around.

I improved a lot in my second match. With my G26 in Am Civ I shot a 122.61.

34.23 + 15 = 49.23 (5 to Glock)
    29.59 + 13 = 42.59 (Glock 'M)
    30.79 + 00 = 30.79 (Glock the Plates)
    Total = 122.61

I guess I need to find somewhere to actually practice this stuff. My plates time in particular seems to be slow compared to the shooters above me.

I shot my G24C in Comp and scored a 165.29. The big difference was in accuracy. Times weren't too far off. It's obvious which gun I shoot more often.

34.83 + 43 = 77.83 (5 to Glock)
    31.05 + 25 = 56.05 (Glock 'M)
    31.41 + 00 = 31.41 (Glock the Plates)
    Total = 165.29

Last November, in my first GSSF match, I shot a 174.44 (G26) and a 217.17 (G24C).

See everyone in Marietta!

6. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

jh:

You're coming right along! I usually regard a time of ~100 sec. to be "competitive" in AmCiv. Sometimes it will get you in the money, sometimes not; just depends on how good the competition is. But that might be a goal to set your sights on.

As far as shooting better with a gun you shoot more often... that doesn't seem to hold true for me. Sunday was my first match shooting the G35 in Comp, and I *smoked* my AmCiv (G23) and Unlimited (G17 w/dot) times by a good bit! That gun and I just seem to have "clicked".

7. jhfenton

jhfenton Evil Marathoner

Thanks. I did well enough last weekend that I now have a real urge to practice. I think 100 is a good goal now. I had hoped to perhaps be in range for a Class B prize, but I improved from the middle of B to the middle of A. So no prizes for me. Just delight at the improvement.

I haven't been shooting for that long, so I have a lot of room for improvement. My plates times are much slower than anyone above me. At least 6 secs slower.

I need to join a local outdoor range so I have somewhere better to practice. Anyone here a member of any of the clubs around Cincinnati? I'm aware of three within an hour. According to their websites, I see that one hosts IPSC and one hosts IDPA. The third hosts Friday night steel matches, and I don't know what else. I think Target World hosts bowling pin matches one evening. A lot of things to try.

You sure did click with that. Win a new gun with a new gun. Can't beat that.

I may get a G19 to try out in GSSF. I like the feel of the G19 better than the G17. I seem to handle the smaller Glocks better. Plus, my wife likes the G19 better than my G26. It can be "her" gun. For some reason, the larger Glocks just don't feel as comfortable in my hands. Thus my 43 sec higher G24C score.

8. councilman24

councilman24

Well that's what I thought. If I hadn't choked on the plates would have broke the top ten in Am. Civ. :( :( One run I couldn't hit two of those plates for nothing. Warning: lame excuse to follow.... First time I'd shot at plates with new Bomar sites.;) Excuse fallacy... my score in comp. with the same gun.;Q

Oh well, maybe I'll pratice plates and go to Ohio, if I'm around.

9. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

That was a record for fast score posting!! :)

Well, ditto what councilman24 said for my competition entry . . . It was a personal best, just not BEST enough. I guess I'll never be pleased.;)

I can hear myself, 10 years from now, saying, "Rats - 37 sec for the match. Shoulda' been a 35. Humph."

But - I did break 100 for the first time. And almost shot a clean score.;P ;e

And I fimally got to meet a BUNCH of GlockTalkers -:- Mr & Mrs Clem, jhfenton, FESTUS, and john hurd.

Also it was great to see LoveGlocks and shooter2 again.

CONGRATULATIONS shooter2 !! - Great match ( This time you finished more than one place ahead of me . . .)

10. DP177

DP177

Wow, they sure got those scores out in a hurry!! Great Job!

Does anyone have a GSSF life jacket that I could use until I get used to the deep end? As soon as I get done posting this I'm heading to the range for one of many practice session before the Minnesota match. I need to improve my swimming stroke to stay away from the sharks.

I did mess up big at the match though. And this is in no way a dig on the RO's. They did great and this was my mess up. At the 5 to Glock stage the RO calling off names called my name twice and asked me which order I wanted to shoot my two entries. We put them in order, Unlimited first then Am Law. When it was my turn I stepped up and shot my unlimited gun then my stock 17. When I initialed the pages I looked at the times and the number of 'c' and 'd' hits. I didn't look at which class had been checked. So, my scores for 5 to Glock law enf and unlimited got switched. My law enf entry should have been about 20 secs faster.
    I already spoke with Scott at GSSF when I saw the scores posted. I agree with him that I initialed it and there isn't much he could do about it. Like I said this is in no way a flame on the RO's, just a reminder for everyone to check all the boxes before you initial the score sheet. Even better make sure the RO writing down the scores has the correct sheet before shooting. The RO with the timer and I were talking about my unlimited gun before I started shooting so I know he knew which entry I was shooting. It was my first match of the year and I guess I was a little rusty. I remember checking at all the other stages just not the first stage I shot. My screw up so flame away.

Still a very fun match and can't wait for the letter from GSSF. Does any one know if the G37 is an option yet on the certificate? ;Q

11. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

It's happened to the best of us, I doubt anybody would flame you for that one! :) Just don't let it happen to you again! ;f

12. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I have not seen a 2003-2004 Certificate so I don't know if the G37 is listed. It was not on the 2002-2003 Certificates.

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

The GSSF staff has done it AGAIN!

I know that Scott and Bruce keyed in the scores so THANK YOU to them for the quick turnaround.

JEL, THANK YOU to you for all the things you do to support posting the scores on GSSFonline.com and referencing them here at Glocktalk... it's nice that we can just check this forum and find out that the scores are up.

Have a TREMENDOUS 4th EVERYONE!

;=

14. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The Glock 37 IS on the new GSSF Awards Cerfiticate........I have one sent and waiting for Glock to release them!
    Dan:cool:

15. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

I wondered what happened to your super L/E score. I know what it's like. I've screwed up too. Ain't it a shame, you still end up in Master class. If you get any extra life jackets, keep me in mind. I think I'll have to do some serious re-work on my unlimited gun to stay with the big dawgs.
    Thank you Bobby Carver for your help and support. Now you have some "fresh meat". Hope to see you in Lexington.
    Thank you, Team SideArmor, for allowing me to shoot for your team. It's a honor to wear the shirt and hat at the matches.

16. DP177

DP177

Bruce, I pasted some of your targets and I was very glad to see you were shooting in the civilian catagory and that I wasn't shooting against you. I think you did team SideArmor Proud. But now I do have to shoot against you. I'll keep looking for life jackets for us...What do you think about those little orange floaties that go around your arms...? ;f
    I think I just about have my unlimited working the way I want. Only one jam yesterday while shooting. A little more grinding and a lot more practicing!
    Good luck all
    Happy 4th

17. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You boys going to come and swim in the deep end at Conyers? ;f

18. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

Jerry:
    I'm not sure if I can get that far away. I'm still trying to clear the way to Marietta, Ohio. One person tells me it's a 6 hr. drive, the next person tells me it's 12 hrs. I going to try to talk some shooters to go with me so I don't have to drive alone.
    Tell me, if I bring inflateable underwear to Conyers, will you guys let me into the pool?
    Hope I can make it. If I can I'll let you know.

19. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Bruce,

Six hours sounds more that reasonable. Marietta is just off I-77 along the Ohio river. It's only 5 hours from Roanoke, VA. I'll check it out Monday.