close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fort Smith Info Request

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Clem, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Clem

Clem

Still in the talking stage right now, but if we get to attend the new Fort Smith GSSF match, was wondering if anyone had input/advice about desirable places to stay (preferably near the range) or places to avoid, good places to eat, etc. Never been to Fort Smith, so have no idea as to the layout of the town. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Tony.

2. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Tony,

Jo and I are looking for the same information. Please share if you get any.

Thanks
    Bill

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

DEJ/FL , Pharoah and I are also seriously considering the trip so we would appreciate any advise as well. That is of course as long as "Stonehenge" can keeps his stones aligned properly. You had to be there to appreciate this one. :thumbsup:

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I'm registered ....and made reservations at the Holiday Inn just like Anderson....by the way thanks for the help on the Am. Civ. Team...and congrats on your second place finish....I could use some help for Fort Smith as well if you have two that's shooting Am.Civ. :supergrin:

5. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Ok, I am all set to make the match. Faxed in my registration to day. I think the Florida bunch will be leaving Thursday late and arriving Friday afternoon. Dennis looks like I will be seeing you again in just a few more weeks. This makes my come back year even better. Man twice this year the two bionic meet at the match. Well after this match my next one will be the Glock Nationl match at Conyers. So I am going to be as ready as I am able for this one last match before a good rest. Can't wait to see you soon.

I will be shooting three entries. Am/Civ, Master Stock, Master Unlimited.

Pharaoh

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Okay Pete and Florida Bunch...I'm polling my team mates and will see whats happening...let me get back with you guys afterwards...till then :thumbsup:

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Roger that Dennis!

Pharaoh

8. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I'm planning on staying at the Comfort Inn 3131 Cloverleaf St. in Van Buren. If my mapquest techniques are correct, I'm about 1.6 miles or 4 minutes from the range. Does anyone know the exact address of the gun club?

9. RetiredRob

RetiredRob

My wife & I are also planning on being there for Ft. Smith - and we are staying at the Comfort Inn on 3131 Cloverleaf - couldn't find an exact address from the Old Fort Gun Club web site - however, using Google Earth I was able to locate the gun club off Levee Road - using Google's mileage estimator, it looks closer to 10 miles from the Comfort Inn to the club. At any rate, guess we'll find out exactly how far in a couple of weeks !!
    Good luck !!

10. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Much to my dismay and control I will not be making the trip to Ft. Smith or Jackson as I had originally planned. Looks like my next match will be Conyers. :sad: But I will be back.:thumbsup:

11. Clem

Clem

Don, although not certain yet, doesn't look like Donna & I will be at the Fort Smith match, either. Sorry to hear you will have to skip it & Jackson. We're planning on Conyers too, but again, plans can (and do!) change. Take care, my friend, & hope to see you & the Gang soon!!!:) :) :) Tony & Donna

12. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Tony
    I do hope your plans allow you and Donna to attend the Ft. Smith match. Pete, Jim and myself are still planning to be there.

Dan:cool:

13. another okie

another okie

There is a good map on the web site of the Old Fort Gun Club. I have shot several matches there. If you look at a highway map there is a small state highway, number 59, which goes south from Interstate 540. That's the exit, and then there's a sign on highway 59, which runs beside the dikes holding back the Arkansas River.

The range is several miles down a dirt road, which can get a little rough when it's been raining a lot. It's a good gun club, and the action pistol people are very well organized.

I can't remember where I stayed, but it might have been the Comfort Inn in Van Buren one time, and another hotel on the "strip" the other time. I think the "strip" in Fort Smith is highway 22, though I'm sure it has another name as well. That's where all the restaurants are, and it would be handy to stay there, although no place in Fort Smith is very far away from anyplace else.

Leave time to visit the old fort at Fort Smith. It's where the famous "hanging judge" Parker had his courtroom.

14. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Oh well, I was really looking forward to seeing you Donna and Tony. I sure hope things work out so your able to make the trip. It sure would be great, wounderful, spectactular, and every other good word and thought to see you both out and a bout.

I hear you have one very very very special wife. :hearts:

p.s. please don't push to make it to the match. If your felling up to it that is one thing. If your not then don't push it. Well will see you later in the season.

Pharaoh

15. Clem

Clem

That I do, Pete, that I do!! She's way better than I deserve!! I tell her that all the time (and many, many other people do, too!!!:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: ). Thanks for the note, my friend. I'm still holding out hope, but still nothing definite about our travel plans. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed (but it sure is hard to shoot that way!!). Take care & be in touch. Tony & Donna.

16. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I kinda know what you mean. I remember well a time when I would stand on one foot to shoot a match. (Hip pain) them I remember standing on the other foot to shoot matches after one was repaired. Now I am able to shoot standing on both feet. (with no pain again) Now I have developed a bad habit of closing both eyes when I squeeze the trigger. (big problem there is I really shoot better) :rofl: :tongueout:

Hang in there we will see you (two) soon!!!

Your Friend,

Pete

17. HeGlock

HeGlock flyshooter

Hampton Inn Van Buren AR