Fort Smith event feedback requested

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bully4me, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Bully4me

Bully4me Guest

We appreciated the support from all on our first GSSF event and our folks learned some ideas to make the 2008 event better.

We will try to get plate racks by next year. Our membership that shoots practical pistol and cowboy action can make good use of them too. Hopefully no more paper plates.

Our ROs said they can run more folks through quicker with an extra scorer per stage. We will do this.

To try to eliminate some ticks and chiggers, we'll try some bug pellets at our pistol bays. We have a regional 3-gun shoot in October, so we'll see how that works then. But not much we can do about real plumbing, the faculities we built used models from out state parks.

Would the folks utilize a "host hotel" if we were to negociate a group rate. Several folks stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the Ft Smith airport. It is a newer hotel. There are also Hampton Inn and Residence Inn plus some local nice hotels. What is a target price range?

If we had a dutch treat dinner for Saturday night where all could get together and discuss the day's activities, is that worth organizing?

We now have Delta flying to Fort Smith from Atlanta. The area is served by American and Northwest.

The two raffles supported the Friends of NRA on Saturday and the OFGC on Sunday. We have a Youth Shooting Festival scheduled for June 30.

Please let us know anything else we might do to make next year's event even better so you'll bring more of your friends along. OFGC has many shoots each month, check it out at www.ofgc.org

Thanks to all for coming. We enjoyed having everyone.

John Malinowski
    President OFGC

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

It sounds like you have big plans for your club and that's great. You seem to want to all out for GSSF and we welcome your ideas. Keep up the good work and great hospitality and people will come.

3. Bully4me

Bully4me Guest

We feel that OFGC has great facilities and our club continues to grow. We're closing in on 550 families in the all-NRA club.

GSSF offers additional opportunities to draw more shooters to our facility. We have an active membership that shoots Practical Pistol, SASS, NRA Silhouette, Sporting Clays and CMP. The club has nationally-ranked shooters including the #1 Junior .22 silhouette in the USA and also several other highly ranked shooters. All our events are open to the public. Schedule is at www.ofgc.org

We continue to invest in our club and plate racks are needed for our members and that will help with GSSF next year. If anyone has a good source for these or knows someone who makes them, let us know. $1100 per set is a bit steep if we expect to get two.

GSSF was great to work with and the 4H folks made a few bucks for their YHEC program.

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Guest

If you have not posted drawings for pistols ...your website would be a place to do it...more people will donate for those glock drawings. I was at your club about 7:00am...and I believe my exposure to those nasty pets was near some mud puddles near the ahhh..hem road...anyway sorry to give so much press to the critters...I stayed at the Holiday Inn express and it was great....if you can get the airlines to let me ship around 80 # of ammo let me know otherwise I'm destined to drive..

Plate Racks are fun and make the match exciting....good idea...I would suggest some signs to mark the way to the match...without my Tom/Tom and GPS location I would be lost.

5. Bully4me

Bully4me Guest

How long does it take GSSF to post who won what at the match? Results were up on Tuesday but still nothing. Curious if they will do awards through 3 places. We had 163 entrys plus 7 pre-registered no shows.

We're used to ticks in this area from other outdoor activities. Warm winters have made critters worse every year. Al Gore forgot to talk about creepy crawlies in his expose.

I was fortunate to win one of the certificates from the Sunday raffle. I do not have a Glock but can now get one, but that is the problem - which one?

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The prelim scores are usually posted about 2 weeks to give everyone a chance to bring attention to any scoring mistakes, then the finals are posted with the winners and prizes. Sorry but based on the number of entries there will only be awards for 1st and 2nd. and no random except for bringing in a new shooter. Need 175 entries for a full compliment of awards and the random drawings to kick in.

7. RetiredRob

RetiredRob

I would like to thank the folks at Ft. Smith for putting on a good match - I would like to especially thank the RO's at the "pay to shoot plates" range and the Glock M range (I remember them specifically)for taking the time to help my wife (Juli) with her shooting technique and guiding her thru the steps in shooting the targets. This kind of personal attention is what always makes you leave knowing that you have been associated with folks that really care about others and that their desire is to see you learn and better yourself. Thanks again to the rest of the RO's for a great first match. We will definitely return next year !
    Now, if I could learn to put 6 bullets in the mag instead of 5 I will do better at the paper plates !!!

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Email sent yesterday to you re some literature I have. However, even at $900/per there's often a little thing called freight unless you can work a shipping deal to some midway point or have volunteers to pick it up. The good news is the mfr's have dealers out there scattered around. Even the homemade ones (the good ones) I've seen end up around $850 or so. Keep after it; judging from the feedback it's certainly a match worth having.

:patriot:

9. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

In the past, GSSF itself has "recycled" some of their old plate racks to some of their host clubs.

The host clubs agree to host the GSSF matches for a year or two in lieu of other compensation. GSSF trucks the plate rack(s) out for the match, then the racks stay there afterwards.

IIRCC, the Lexington, Kentucky club got some plate racks that way.

Saves money for everyone and GSSF gets brand new plate racks every few years.

Something to consider. You might want to bounce the idea off the people at GSSF about it.

;)

10. ede

ede

i tihnk if you had a member that was able to weld you could make a rack. i just made one for about 350$ in my garage with common tools, only thing i farmed out was getting the plates cut on a plasma table.