close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Forms for Benning match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by WIG19, Dec 29, 2005.

1. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

For those who might've missed or not been in a collective email discussing this, the direct link to the Army forms required for the Benning match are at:

Declaration form:
    http://www.gssfonline.com/BGA06_weap_disc.pdf

Liability waiver:
    http://www.gssfonline.com/BGA06_liab_waiver.pdf

As I mentioned to those in the email, I don't know whether it's a matter of DNS resolution or what, but sometimes if you can't get to results or other things that other people are seeing, you might try prefacing the regular link with 'www' - the actual domain name registered is gssfonline.com, but it has an alias of www.gssfonline.com - so both will work, but for whatever reason the content isn't always the same on either one. Hence, we get folks who can't find results that others are talking about, asking for emailed attachments or direct links. NSLOOKUP says the IP address is the same for both, so I'm not sure why one URL contains different published content than the other. Just geek trivia, but worth mentioning to Donna, which I'll do when she gets out of R&R from working on finishing up her database work.

p.s. If you weren't on DonatPC's original email chain and have qualms about competing at the match because you have to fill out the declaration form I'll post my counter-rationale as to why you should attend.

;?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Wes:

Thanks, you are correct. These forms are no big deal. I am as much against Registration and Big Brother Tactics as most anyone. This is merely the Base Commanders way of knowing who has a weapon, ammo and how many on his Base. Nowhere do they request the weapon serial number or you address. They are not collecting this to send to "Big Brother" after the match. This is pretty standard throughout most Military Installations. I have absolutely no concern about the forms and have them printed and partially filled out and yes:I fully intend to attend and compete. Hope to see y'al there.

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

One thing I'd like to remind folks of which they may not be aware. There is a Department of Defense policy against using a cellphone while operating either a Government or your privately-owned vehicle while on a DoD installation. The exception is a setup with a hands-free device.

This is likely enforced at varying levels depending on the priority it has at a given installation. Nonetheless, understand that DoD cops have enforcement authority with consequences (read, "real-live ticket with fines attached") for traffic laws on their property. Additionally, that property almost always extends OFF the base; the real-estate they're responsible for normally starts well outside the front gate.

Just wanted to pass along in the hopes of reducing one more thing that might tarnish what should be a great experience. Be safe, play hard & have fun!

;?

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, that has been standard SOP at Tyndall AFB for some time now.

Thanks for posting the info WIG.;c

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Bear in mind, this is a military reservation DURING A TIME OF WAR.

When you are on base you would be wise to act as though a lot of your "normal" civil rights are effectively null and void and proceed accordingly.

The MPs do not need either probable cause, much less a warrant, to inspect any and all parts of your vehicle at any time they deem it appropriate.

Your CCWs are also null and void.

Keep your guns and ammo locked up well out of reach; preferably in the trunk. Wear your seatbelts. Stop at YELLOW lights and don't try to beat the reds. DO NOT SPEED.

Bend over backwards to keep a low profile, obey ALL the rules and don't do ANYTHING that the MPs might view as suspicious.

6. Terminator

Terminator

By trying to look inconspicuous, you look even more conspicuous! ;g
    Just relax and behave yourself on post and there wont be a problem.

7. raceglock

raceglock Basic Right