Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
If a Mideast country gives up WMD without force it's a win. If they don't uphold their part of the bargain we still have options. I don't care who brokered the deal.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If a Mideast country gives up WMD without force it's a win. If they don't uphold their part of the bargain we still have options. I don't care who brokered the deal.

Which options are those?
Bomb with congressional approval?--never happen, they'll never vote for it.
Obama bomb on his own--never happen, he really didn't want to bomb them, but thought he needed to save face.

What's wrong with this is is that there is no hammer to get rid of these weapons--none, which was the whole point from the Russian point of view. What will happen will be endless discussions on where they are, how many and when we can see them destroyed--which I think will go nowhere. Assad will still be in power and the Russians will be more influential in the Middle East than us--their goal.

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
Which options are those?
Bomb with congressional approval?--never happen, they'll never vote for it.
Obama bomb on his own--never happen, he really didn't want to bomb them, but thought he needed to save face.

What's wrong with this is is that there is no hammer to get rid of these weapons--none, which was the whole point from the Russian point of view. What will happen will be endless discussions on where they are, how many and when we can see them destroyed--which I think will go nowhere. Assad will still be in power and the Russians will be more influential in the Middle East than us--their goal.
Who cares is Russia gains influence in the Mideast. Our influence so far has cost 6,000 dead and a couple of trillion $. What have we gained? Nothing. It's ok with me if they take a bite of that crap pie.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who cares is Russia gains influence in the Mideast. Our influence so far has cost 6,000 dead and a couple of trillion $. What have we gained? Nothing. It's ok with me if they take a bite of that crap pie.
The last time the Russia had influence in the Middle East, we had the 6 day war in '67' followed by the Yom Kippur war in '73'. That last one almost involved a direct confrontation between the the US and Russia.

Even if you discount the need for influence in that part of the world, our credibility with allies and foes alike is shot; Dear Leader has ensured that nobody will believe we will do what we say will. Iran--for sure--has taken notice..

·
Registered
26,175 Posts
Former defense secretaries are completely wrong -

You need to have a strategy before someone can say it is wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts