Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A former regional manager for Glock was sentenced Monday to 18 months in federal prison for conspiring to take bribes and kickbacks. Welcome D. “Bo” Wood, Jr., 66, Oviedo, FL., who was the Eastern Regional Manager for Glock, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy. His wife, Paula Ann Wood, 65, Oviedo, FlL, pleaded guilty one count of conspiracy, too. She was sentenced to a year and a day.

According to a federal indictment, Welcome D. “Bo” Wood was taking bribes from an independent firearms distributor in Kansas. In return, Wood would supply the distributor with a tier of weapons marked for sale to law enforcement—which go for a lower price, since agencies usually buy guns in bulk and are usually subjected to a bidding process. On the consumer end of the market, court Wood helped provide the distributor “with the equipment and software” that would convert the discounted weapons meant for law enforcement into ones that could be sold on the commercial market at a regular retail price.

Sources:
Fusion.com story
WIBW story
KSHB story
Kansas City InfoZine

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ahh, it was OB Guns in Olathe. A Kansas City suburb.. I'm familiar with this OB Guns. Never bought from them though..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard to sell firearms without an FFL...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
693 Posts
Any charges on OB guns?

Please be safe
Joethebear

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A co-defendant, John Sullivan Ralph III, the former owner of OB Guns of Olathe, Kan. received a sentence of 18 months after he pleaded guilty to conspiracy.

Reactions: glock1991

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
You sure it's not OMB Guns of Olathe, KS?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am pretty sure OMB, is still operational, the only thing different besides FFL; is they don't sell glocks at all. There are two companies; with OMB in their names. One is a shooting range and other is a store. Don't know if they are tied to each other or not.

I remember them selling blue label glocks, with two magazines. People that bought them, wanted three, like they where suppose to come with. Omb sold these extra magazines for profit, and sold blue labels to civilians. This is one reason they where caught

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I thought OMB went out of Bizz. I might be mistaken. Of course I haven't checked as I refuse to deal w/ crooked FFL's. That sort of under handed crap really frosts me! They get what they deserve.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought OMB went out of Bizz. I might be mistaken. Of course I haven't checked as I refuse to deal w/ crooked FFL's. That sort of under handed crap really frosts me! They get what they deserve.
I agree. What goes around comes around.

Mode of transport Adaptation Photo caption Working animal Photography

·
Banned
21,060 Posts
A former regional manager for Glock was sentenced Monday to 18 months in federal prison for conspiring to take bribes and kickbacks. Welcome D. “Bo” Wood, Jr., 66, Oviedo, FL., who was the Eastern Regional Manager for Glock, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy. His wife, Paula Ann Wood, 65, Oviedo, FlL, pleaded guilty one count of conspiracy, too. She was sentenced to a year and a day.

According to a federal indictment, Welcome D. “Bo” Wood was taking bribes from an independent firearms distributor in Kansas. In return, Wood would supply the distributor with a tier of weapons marked for sale to law enforcement—which go for a lower price, since agencies usually buy guns in bulk and are usually subjected to a bidding process. On the consumer end of the market, court Wood helped provide the distributor “with the equipment and software” that would convert the discounted weapons meant for law enforcement into ones that could be sold on the commercial market at a regular retail price.

Sources:
Fusion.com story
WIBW story
KSHB story
Kansas City InfoZine
Not every criminal is a bank robber. White-collar crime is growing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts