1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
It's not for me but it will fill a niche. Good mileage and the ability for light hauling will appeal to some suburbanites. Choices are good.

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Can I mount a fifth wheel in the bed?

Anything I use a truck for would crush that little thing.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I think this will sell well

They ignored conventional thought and made it to appeal to the owner that wants truck utility without massive payload

Fwd makes it work in snow without the cost and weight of AWD

Who knows, could compete with Honda civics and Toyota Corolla on price and give you more versatility

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Texas is truck country. Walk in any parking lot and glance in the beds of most trucks. They are empty and unscratched for the most part. The guys that work with trucks buy the stripped down XL's with rubber floor mats and have well used bumper hitches and dinged bumpers from backing up into bumper hitches. Some guys buy trucks to compensate for little Johnnies...they also put on loud mufflers, blow coal and have jacked up suspensions. I'll exclude young guys from that because it's fun to goof around before you grow up. There is a market for small trucks. I'm just not sure who they will appeal to.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Talk about a stupid name, reusing a car name for a almost truck. They should redo the el Camino, I was never a fan but at least it had a fan base.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
The styling is definitely on the bland side but doubt it will matter to most

Reactions: Vaquero 357

·
Registered
217 Posts
Haha, just got done responding to a similar thread in a truck forum. I think there is a hungry market for this truck. No, it's not designed to compete against your full-size pickup. That's not the point. Think younger, single guys or gals who camp or travel for sport. Think ex-urban types who still have to commute a lot but don't want to drive a Prius. Think about the weekend DIYer who wants a cheap hauler for small projects. Mid-size trucks are practically yesteryear's full-size trucks. I love my Colorado. It's a diesel and lets me do towing. I could have got that from a full-size but then it wouldn't have fit into my (old) garage. Only the Colorado could check all those boxes. It's not hard to squint my eyes and imagine only slightly tighter constraints that keep some people from entering the truck market.

·
Sinistram delenda est
350 Posts
If I can only get it in a 4-door, I'm not interested.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Saw three with black and white polka dot camouflage wrap on I-94 coming back from Detroit to Indianapolis last Friday, they looked nice, but I wasn't too impressed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like it. I frankly cannot afford a fullsize truck & I have family in the business. This price point will have me considering compromises.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So essentially a cargo capacity of Prius V without any benefits of it. And it comes with a legendary Ford reliability. Hard pass.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I may finally downsize from my 2008 Silverado.
I don't pull campers or boats anymore; most I use the truck bed is to haul furniture or the occasional big-box purchase.
I wish Chevy would bring back the S10.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
vford mavefrick vsw hyundaui santa cruz. id fgo fir hyundai

1 - 20 of 142 Posts