close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For you Glock 18 fans....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CIAHitman, Jun 2, 2004.

1. CIAHitman

CIAHitman WalterGA fan

Was reading my new issue of SAR, and I came across a Glock 18. Unfortunately it is not a transferable, but a Post 86 Dealers Sample. Its a Glock 18 with (3) 32 rd mags for.....$3250.
    The dealer is at www.klomont.com. Of course in order to get one, you'll have to have your FFL and pay for your SOT and a demo letter from a PD to order it, but it would be fun to have in your inventory, and occasionally test for function.;)

2. Boxster2nr

Boxster2nr

3. r2kba

r2kba Relax

4. bangelo

bangelo MAC dADDY

Read the faqs first. You can not get one of those. That would be a big federal no-no. Civilians can not purchase or manufacture or convert full auto guns after 1986 .

5. Boxster2nr

Boxster2nr

What if your LEO?? Or Military

6. bangelo

bangelo MAC dADDY

You personally can't buy one buy your department maybe able to. Or if your in the military you have to be issued a full auto weapon and im sure the military would just buy some g18 instead of converting them

7. saspic

saspic Howdy Y'all! CLM

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't a brace of small town sheriffs across the country with MP5's and suppressed micro Uzi's...

8. sachsr1

sachsr1

For the love of god you what is it about this stupid G18. How many times are people gonna ask how they can get one???

9. Boxster2nr

Boxster2nr

quite the contrary

10. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

;f

11. Matt_F

Matt_F

I've always preferred the Beretta 93R... ;f

12. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

Be careful. I believe some of those ads you see are ATF stings.

13. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin

An officer near me "owns" (department "owns" but he is never gonna quit and have it arrainged so that the gun is buried with him) a glock 18. Last time we qualified he told everyone that if they bring their own ammo he will let them shoot it any time:) , well I just contacted him and well tomorrow is coming quick, I wonder how fast these 300 rounds of WWB are gonna go.:)

14. lkblair

lkblair

I have seen a couple of these devices on the net. One website actually had the tech drawings that you could see what they did to get it to go, I cannot remember where it was though.

How would that device work. Does it interfear with the spring loaded firing pin? That FSSG website says that it replaces the exsisting part. I dont own a Glock, but it would be intresting to know how they did it. There must be a couple of patents for these things becasue the site that I looked a a few years ago was differnt.

15. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The converters work very simply. They use a protruding piece of metal to trip the trigger bar between the cruciform and the connector, when the slide returns to battery.

RE: The LEO possession of a f.a. weapon: I was told just last week by a BATFE inspector out of the Atlanta Field Office that an l.e.o. could, with his agency's approval, take such a weapon with him at retirement, but the weapon would not be his personally and could never be transferred from the department. The exception to that would be a pre-86 weapon that could be transferable to any individual citizen from a L.E. agency.

16. amphibian

amphibian

A retired LEO keep a POST Sample MG in retirement? NO WAY!! I say that BATFE inspector doesn't know what he is talking about. I'd bet money he is wrong. There are a lot more experts on subguns. I'm sure if you post this over there you will get more solid info to back me up that that BATFE inspector is wrong. I have enough C3 personally and dealt w/ ATF enough times to know that they mess up all the time.
    A couple lawyers that are keen on NFA laws frequent there and I'm pretty sure they could reiterate this.
    I'm sure it does happen all the time though but that doesn't make it legal.

17. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

I imagine he was confusing POST86/MG with Semi-Automatic Assault Weapon, which can be transferred to a retired LEO.

18. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

No reason a retired office could not be in the police reserves and if the dept. so chooses to issue them full auto weapons so be it.

19. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

You guys could be right about the field inspector. He certainly wasn't aware that a pre-86 m.g. could be transferred from a l.e. agency to an individual via Form 5.

20. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

The field inspector I met did not even know about corporate transfers. I hear stories -- they do not know as much as dedicated amateurs.