GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
Well, there's another way to fix pig nose.

eta - Oh wait, eff me...someone said Glocks are junk?????

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Please beware hating the Glock platform is not a bag thing, so people no matter how much info you throw their way. Have their like, and you need not be upset if they are not like your likes.

·
Scottish Member
11,208 Posts
Dumb question: What's a SOT? Thanks!
Special Occupational Tax.

An “add on” to a FFL to allow (legal) importation (Class 01), manufacture/dealer (Class 02) or dealer (Class 03) of Title II firearms.

In this case, the owner (not the guy in the video) would need an FFL and an Class 03 SOT for the auto-sear (if not owned by military or LE agency). It is also a SBR, which can be owned multiple ways, but all fall under Title II (by SOT, Mil/LE, tax stamp, etc).

“Has something to do with being able to own and shoot full auto, legally.”

A person does not need any special license, qualification or tax to operate (shoot) a Title II item.

Reactions: nikerret

·
Registered
748 Posts
Now that is a torture test video, wayyy better than mud, ice, running over it with a Hummer, and dropping it out of a helicopter!

Great video!

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,714 Posts
The haters are out there that's for sure. I believe its just plain old snobbery. You got your 1911 snobs, your SnW snobs, your Kmber snobs and so on and so forth.

It has always amazed me how people can form such strong opinions with out any experience of fist hand knowledge.

I have converted more than a few from haters to lovers and even collectors. I think that most folks that give a Glock a try will like it if they have an open mind and haven't already decided against it.

·
1911 lover
10,132 Posts
You got your 1911 snobs, your SnW snobs, your Kmber snobs and so on and so forth.

It has always amazed me how people can form such strong opinions with out any experience

I have converted more than a few from haters to lovers and even collectors. I think that most folks that give a Glock a try will like it if they have an open mind and haven't already decided against it.
how many glock collectors have you created ?? They are great guns for people that dont like classic guns or maintaining guns well..

You assume people that really love 1911's have no experience with them ?? Is that what your saying ? Because I love 1911's and own at least ten of them. Fire them in competition and use them to teach new shooters. Les baer..ed brown.. dan wesson.. colt... norinco.. taurus. Smith&wesson .. i own those and more. I have made a few 1911 builds from a lower and piles of parts. So in my case I have 40 plus years of experience with 1911's.
Sig p series are great. I own many of those. Hk usp's and socoms are great. Have 4 of them..

And glocks. Bet I have 15 or more. I love the gen 2 glocks most but have 8 or ten of the gen 3 series as well.. so I sure dont hate on glocks enough to avoid them, but I also dont confuse a glock 19 and a sig 220 in single action.

So its good for people to try different brands and types to see what works for them..

Dont assume someone is a snob because they have a preference different than yours. We have a bunch of folks here that assume glocks are always the best choice.
Found the 9mm shields for 220 dollars w rebate some years ago.. found the 45 acp shields for 260 as well. A 220 dollar shield works every bit as well as a 450 dollar glock. I know. The xd series is also a good buy.
I have friends that carry rugers or taurus inexpensive striker fired guns.. I dont care for them.. but they seem to work every time. I dont make fun of people with less or more expensive guns because people have vastly different interest and requirements for a gun.

So I hope your thinking of folks with no experience and people with vast experience in the world of folks your discussing.

·
1911 lover
10,132 Posts
Eric should try that with a Sig P365. I bet it would be KO in no time.
Dont think people have as much experience with the sig p365 run full auto. I have run a thousand rounds thru a p365 over about 6 range sessions .. not my pistol.
The sig 320 might be better than the glock. Or might not be as good. Interesting torture test on a gun. But what did we learn from it ?? Its not a test that tells me much about durability or accuracy or long term ownership. Getting a polymer gun beyond hot to the point of parts melting does not say go glock its awesome and sure does not tell me of any glock weakness either. I have glocks about 40 years old and they have held up great. Polymer not brittle and holding shape well.

I wonder about a glock left in the sun ten years. If you left a glock lower on a dash of a car in the bone yard. Would it be ok in five or ten years ? I bet glock knows. But they are not talking about it.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I wonder about a glSW ock left in the sun ten years. If you left a glock lower on a dash of a car in the bone yard. Would it be ok in five or ten years ? I bet glock knows. But they are not talking about it.
What's interesting is the dash is usually OK. My 13 YO Elantra has no cracks in the dash, it's black, and I'm in SW FL. If a dash can do it, hell, so can a Glock. ;)

·
1911 lover
10,132 Posts
What's interesting is the dash is usually OK. My 13 YO Elantra has no cracks in the dash, it's black, and I'm in SW FL. If a dash can do it, hell, so can a Glock. ;)
Dash covers dont need much strength.. or ability to absorb impact like a firearm does.

My porsche 944 and 911 dashes both had some large cracks. Vw and audi dashes seem to have issues. My ford dashes seem to do better. Seems each car brand has different materials and some work better than others.

·
What did I come in here for?
10,945 Posts
Please beware hating the Glock platform is not a bag thing, so people no matter how much info you throw their way. Have their like, and you need not be upset if they are not like your likes.
Haters be like, Glock 17 only lasts 1200rounds!
Is this the pistol version of TDS, Glock Derangement Syndrome?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts