For Those Still Wondering If Sen Collins is a RINO

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by FullClip, Dec 14, 2019.

1. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Our little Senator Suzi Collins just signed onto the UN "Climate Change" deal. She's running scared about losing her senate seat next year in the increasingly blue state of Maine maybe. I'll still probably hold my nose and vote for her knowing the alternative would be a lot worse though.

I thought there was some deal about who can and can't enter the USA into any agreement with foreign countries? Am I wrong or just stoopid?? (or both)

https://www.newscentermaine.com/art...imate/97-925c6ff8-1cbd-4202-92b9-2a5eb5b5451b

Maine senators sign on to UN letter about tackling climate
    The senators sent the letter to coincide with 2019 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Madrid.

MAINE, USA — Maine's two U.S. senators have joined with a group of colleagues that is calling on the United Nations to tackle climate change.

Republican Sen. Susan Collins and independent Sen. Angus King are among senators who sent a letter to Patricia Espinosa, executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.

The senators sent the letter to coincide with 2019 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Madrid. The senators wrote that failing to address climate change “will wreak damages on all Americans for centuries into the future.”

DonGlock26 and Ramjet38 like this.
  2. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

That old betch needs to go out to pasture. Everyone knows she's a sheeple Rino.

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I'm not your best source but I think I remember when John Kerry was interceding with Iran that he can sign anything he wants. But any and everything he signs means nothing and carries no weight. It's BS but I also think that just the fact that he did it was bad. Of course, nothing will happen to him but signing political documents is still a no-no in some way(s).

BigBluefish and FullClip like this.
  4. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

The state of Maine cannot affect national industrial or emissions policy, except for companies within the state AND THEN, subject to suit if failing to maintain the standards mandated by various Federal Agencies. All Maine can control is Maine.

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

So, your senator signed a letter and sent it to an executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, saying she and her colleagues hope the UN does something about climate change? :headscratch:

Hardly a way to "enter the USA into any agreement with foreign countries".

Maybe a way to show some demographic of likely voters in her state that she disagrees with the president pulling out of the Accords?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/united_nations_framework_convention_on_climate_change.htm

6. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Spineless
    :)

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

She's a Rino weathervane.

8. JFrame

JFrame

Honestly, I haven't been wondering one bit.

She had to have her arm twisted out of her socket to vote to confirm for Brett Kavanaugh. I wonder what back-room "sweetheart" deals were offered to her for that vote?

...And what globalist "perks" is she getting to sign on to this Climate Change scam?

ALWAYS follow the money... :whistling:

FullClip likes this.
  9. thewitt

thewitt

She has always been more left than right.

10. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

I don't see how that would be much different than being a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

11. ked

ked

And, more wrong than right!

FullClip likes this.
  12. garya1961

garya1961

Isn't she the one who can't talk without shaking her head?

FullClip likes this.