GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
That is the truth! I'm in my second one and you would think I joined some kind of club. I was behind one in the drive through at Arbys. When I got to the window the girl said that the person in the Jeep ahead of me bought mine. What??

I'm a Realtor and all I've done with mine is take folks comfortably in the AC or heat to look at rural real estate instead of using a side by side. We may take this mall crawler to CO in a few weeks. I've been on some CO trails with my in-laws, which was a blast. I'm kind of a chicken when it comes to looking out the window and we are inches from a several thousand foot drop. I figure we will find some bunny trails. :)

Nice Jeep and garage Ron!!!!
I came to the Jeep from a Miata - similar type of owners, very 'into' their vehicles and friendly to one another. Shortly after getting the Jeep, I was going somewhere with my best friend in the right seat when we met another Wrangler coming the opposite direction. The other driver and I exchanged a quick wave, just as Miata drivers are inclined to do. My buddy looked over at me and asked "Are you ever going to buy a car that doesn't come with a cult?" (Two years later he wound up buying my ex wife's Miata, so apparently HE'S now joined a vehicular cult too.)

-Pat

<edit - I kan tipe...>

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Our first Jeep was a well used TJ. It’s a dang shame what our Michigan salt does to them. :(

View attachment 842792

Before we ordered our JLU I was looking for a clean (no frame rust) LJ (aka TJ Unlimited). Needless to say I was somewhat shocked at the prices they demand. I’ve had 3 previous Wranglers so I know they hold their value very well. But LJ’s seem to be the next level. I’ve seen LJ Rubicons in the plus $20k range. I still really like them. But after a certain amount of $$$ I figured I’d make the stretch and go new.

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2004-to-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885
That TJ looks perfect. Not overbuilt, half doors, great color. Perfect. I would love,to find one like that.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Also, kudos to you for doing the install yourself. Nothing more fulfilling than doing your own wrenching. :cheers:
For real, I always laugh at the fake rednecks that pay someone to do their lift. Lifts are one of the easiest and most rewarding things to do to a vehicle if it's not rotted bad.

It's on par with the fake harley guys that trailer their bikes to events.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Good looking TJ!
Thank you. I've had it for eight years now and keep it pretty much as a fair weather toy. I don't know if it's true, but the original owner said he paid $35K for it brand new, which seems ridiculously high for a Jeep back in 2004. But, maybe not, based on the new ones I've looked at.

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
Thank you. I've had it for eight years now and keep it pretty much as a fair weather toy. I don't know if it's true, but the original owner said he paid $35K for it brand new, which seems ridiculously high for a Jeep back in 2004. But, maybe not, based on the new ones I've looked at.
Yeah they are a bit pricey. A couple year old will be at least $35K

81 - 89 of 89 Posts