For the Jeep people

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redneck ron, Sep 19, 2020.

1. BSA70

BSA70

Gosh, I hate drilling on a new vehicle:car:

2. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

Bought a Top Lift Pro and assembled it this weekend. We have some nice fall weather, so removed the top and wheeled it out of the way. Also threw on a two piece Spiderwebshade, to keep from burning my bald head.

Wife and I are going to go for a cruise this afternoon and enjoy the day.

C6854759-3517-4A4E-A819-EE225702B088.jpeg
    88CF03C9-E06D-4132-9D28-531B2F944F4B.jpeg
    8ABEE9BA-2D96-494A-B859-964F6CFA0671.jpeg

xTerpx, Budqweiser, Cubdriver and 3 others like this.

3. BSA70

BSA70

Not only is your jeep impressive, your house is impressive? What do you do for a living? Doctor?

redneck ron likes this.
  4. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

Damn, your garage floor is awesome. The Jeep and the house are nice as well. WIth your screen name I was expecting...

[​IMG]

redneck ron likes this.
  5. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

6. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I did the unthinkable and upgraded from my YJ to the TJ.
    I went thru seller's regret as I had a cherry. But now that I have the TJ, WOW, talk about an improvement. I have spent much time in JK's but not a huge fan. these TJs are nice rides though.
    Kept my 4.0 and the AX15 trans, and the ride is so much better!!! I was able to maintain 85mph bringing it home - a speed I never dared to approach in the YJ... and it was comfortable and smooth to boot.
    I am in love with this new one!!

HarlDane and redneck ron like this.
  7. redneck ron

I play piano at a whore house. :flag:

Houses are a lot cheaper in Texas than other places.

ThatGuyYouKnow and G19Tony like this.
  8. redneck ron

Ah, my childhood home. Such fond memories......

Lowcountry_Glocker and G19Tony like this.
  9. redneck ron

TJ’s are the best Jeeps made. I miss mine a lot.

10. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Great jeep and great garage floor.. i did epoxy. But my grey floor looks tame. And of course my floor looks really used and scratched as I do a lot of work out there

redneck ron likes this.
  11. DannyB

DannyB

That is the truth! I'm in my second one and you would think I joined some kind of club. I was behind one in the drive through at Arbys. When I got to the window the girl said that the person in the Jeep ahead of me bought mine. What??

I'm a Realtor and all I've done with mine is take folks comfortably in the AC or heat to look at rural real estate instead of using a side by side. We may take this mall crawler to CO in a few weeks. I've been on some CO trails with my in-laws, which was a blast. I'm kind of a chicken when it comes to looking out the window and we are inches from a several thousand foot drop. I figure we will find some bunny trails. :)

Nice Jeep and garage Ron!!!!

redneck ron likes this.
  12. GRT22

GRT22

redneck ron likes this.
  13. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Well done. :thumbsup:

redneck ron likes this.
  14. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I cannot fathom a CJ as a day to day cruiser. my buddy has one, fun, but it is what it is - a JEEP.
    the YJ was excellent. I will never not love them. I suspect deep down they will always be my favorite, and I love those square head lights. I think they are the best looking ever made of the Jeep lineup. the black sheep of the family. I loved mine, it was a real gem. Mechanically it never once left me stranded. It did need some work, nothing mechanical, just older and tired, needed tires, springs, couple odds and ends, etc.

I sold at a very good price, and got into this TJ cheaper than I sold for - with everything I needed to scrounge up thousands for to replace - already done and new or newer. so I did well.

I am tickled with it. the ride is so much better while still retaining the characteristic Jeep feel.
    I am ranting, but just super happy with the move. I was kicking myself selling that YJ, and I always will, but it was a good move. sometimes creature comforts go a long way.

I have not been in one of the new JL's... I really dig their appearance, though. I think they look awesome. but god so expensive. and the interior concerns me. wouldn't leave that top down mid summer like my old YJ, that's for dang sure. kind of ruins most of the Jeep experience to me at least. The YJ if I got caught in the rain or forgot to put the top up, it was just whatever, sun will come back out eventually. just take the truck until it dried out.

redneck ron likes this.
  15. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    You should ask him how much he makes a year next to show him you are really classy.....

16. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

I hear the pay in whore houses is pretty good for the whores. I don't know about the piano players...

redneck ron likes this.
  17. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

So I at Sam's Club yesterday getting goo goo juice, across from me a guy pulls in in a brand new pickup, it is ugly, I am curious. It a JEEP Truck, would not want to be caught dead in it. Was just ugly IMHO. Jeep is trying to capture truck buyer.

Think their designer could have come up with something more attractive. No I did not share my thought with new owner, just thought to self.

18. 7th District

7th District

Our first Jeep was a well used TJ. It’s a dang shame what our Michigan salt does to them. :(

4C6D36B6-42AA-4A7F-9BEB-FB2AE07D9BFB.jpeg

Before we ordered our JLU I was looking for a clean (no frame rust) LJ (aka TJ Unlimited). Needless to say I was somewhat shocked at the prices they demand. I’ve had 3 previous Wranglers so I know they hold their value very well. But LJ’s seem to be the next level. I’ve seen LJ Rubicons in the plus $20k range. I still really like them. But after a certain amount of $$$ I figured I’d make the stretch and go new.

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-2004-to-2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-lj-is-the-1837831885

Boundertom likes this.
  19. Boundertom

Boundertom

A few years ago, I thought I wanted an LJ. At that time, nice ones were in the high teens. For an 11-12 year old Jeep. I ordered a new JK instead. I plan to keep it for a long time, so I am happy with my decision.

7th District likes this.
  20. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

That's a beautiful rich blue color - love it. I wanted to get my '14 JKU in Granite Crystal, but they took too long to start producing them in that color so I wound up getting basic black instead.

-Pat

redneck ron likes this.