GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,434 Posts
Nice!

I have an idea on the wheels and tires but what does the lift cost and where did you get it?

how hard was it to install?

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

I have an idea on the wheels and tires but what does the lift cost and where did you get it?

how hard was it to install?
I buy all my parts from Northridge4x4. Probably 2k in the lift. Not hard to install at all, though the older I get, the less fun it is. My shoulders and hands are a little sore this morning due to a little arthritis.

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,434 Posts
I buy all my parts from Northridge4x4. Probably 2k in the lift. Not hard to install at all, though the older I get, the less fun it is. My shoulders and hands are a little sore this morning due to a little arthritis.
when you are done will you have any issues at highway speeds?
Vibrating, etc

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget an alignment.

What's the gear ratio?
Had it regraded Monday to 4.88. Alignment isn’t necessary since the front control arms are fixed length, castor is not adjustable, no adjustable ball joints, so camber can’t be adjusted, and I stayed with the stock tie rod, no toe change from factory. If/when I go with a heavy duty drag link and tie rod, I will get an alignment.

·
I feel pretty.
3,061 Posts
Wtf? There isn't a scratch anywhere on that thing? My SD has more dirt on it. Time to get out and wheel that poor thing.

I just use strings to reset alignment. I like a little toe in to keep DW at bay. Are you sure that there aren't bushings under the joints for caster/camber? A little toe will add a hair of camber, but nothing to worry about.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wtf? There isn't a scratch anywhere on that thing? My SD has more dirt on it. Time to get out and wheel that poor thing.

I just use strings to reset alignment. I like a little toe in to keep DW at bay. Are you sure that there aren't bushings under the joints for caster/camber? A little toe will add a hair of camber, but nothing to worry about.
No adjustments. On TJ’s, used to use a straight edge and a measuring tape and set toe in 1/8” and it worked great.

Yeah, no scratches or dirt yet. She just got it the end of July. 2020 ruined our planned trips this year.

·
The eBay Guy
20,278 Posts
Nice!! Love that color!

I had the Trail Grapplers on my Tundra for close to 6 years and they were phenomenal in the mud! Just changed them out a couple weeks back for BFG KM3s, which I LOVE, but I'll miss my grapplers. Technically still have one of them on my spare tire, which I hope to never have to use!

20200903_142645.jpg

20200903_142649.jpg

·
Registered
9,907 Posts
Ok, after seeing that floor, I want to see pictures of the rest of your garage! Or maybe not, I'll probably be too jealous. Oh, by the way, nice jeep.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, after seeing that floor, I want to see pictures of the rest of your garage! Or maybe not, I'll probably be too jealous. Oh, by the way, nice jeep.
Ha! We just bought the house in April, so the garage is still a work in progress. The wife’s list inside has priority for some reason.

42F964C3-7AC2-40D9-9D46-8C4542324CB7.jpeg

A6559ED0-7F05-4B68-BCD4-384595D19DE6.jpeg

ECF43FDB-4BBD-435E-B5BA-4DE10AB05DC9.jpeg

F944D96E-5A36-43BC-8C35-54A21483AD38.jpeg

1 - 20 of 89 Posts