For the deniers...

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by DaleGribble, Mar 30, 2020.

1. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

Dukeboy01 likes this.
  2. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

JJPEWPEW likes this.

3. RenoF250

RenoF250

Once again, no it isn't. If your healthcare workers were not taking precautions 2 weeks ago I don't know what to tell you but I had to travel a month ago and we were all certainly taking precautions.

In case you have not heard we are being told what to do by politicians. You can find bright minds and experts that will tell you we are totally overreacting as well. Which expert told the politicians to order people to stay home? Plenty have recommended it, and I have followed. It seems like you are arguing a separate point just to argue.

What scientific model says to close campgrounds while RV parks are open or have people line up outside of stores? What expert? You sure like to make stuff up. You don't seem to be paying attention to what I am saying how would you know what I understand? Give me some data that shows it is a good idea to have people line up outside 2 feet apart instead of be 15 feet apart inside, I would love to see it.

You seem to read what I am writing with the goal to prove me wrong and show how much smarter you are than me. Why don't you actually read it and see what I am saying. If you want to have a test to see who is smarter that is fine, I can tell you we are both stupid because we are trying to change someone else opinion which is unsuccessful 99.98% of the time. I guess I am in it for the sport now.

Bus007, mj9mm, nrajeff and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sharkey

Sharkey

Wrong. I am not comparing year long stats. The time period is clearly listed at the top. Stats are stats. Many have used this site so I just did a screen shot. Table projections are simply predictions. Do you disagree?? Did I say this was a lax situation?? I am simply asking that you consider a different perspective from listed stats. 2.2 milion has become 80-100K and we have what 2500 deaths so far in the US. I just wish some of you'll would get this upset over the # of deaths of say, abortion, MVAs, the regular flu, etc. I don't know what it is but the strain really has some up in arms. Prepare without panic doesn't seem difficult to understand.

5. JJPEWPEW

JJPEWPEW

ny is out of control but god forbid our clown as mayor lets us be stern and do our jobs... keep letting the public do what they want.. we are gona have more deaths in new york alone than any other city and it will all have to do with deblasio and cuomo poor leadership

6. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

nrajeff and NMG26 like this.
  7. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

They will blame Trump, the media will spread it, people will believe the media, people will line up to vote for these guys again.
    It sucks.
    I feel for you and what you are dealing with right now.

AdamRodgers, nrajeff, NMG26 and 2 others like this.
  8. RenoF250

RenoF250

9. JJPEWPEW

JJPEWPEW

stupidity and ignorance is more contagious and fatal than this virus. People do not understand that their actions affect others, in this instance can actually kill others. Everyone blames trump because he is that type of guy who is easy to hate, you know much like your parents when they tell you “no you cant”

AdamRodgers, teeceetx and billy_56081 like this.
  10. NMG26

NMG26

There is nothing to argue about here anymore. NYC just needs our prayers and support.

AdamRodgers and teeceetx like this.
  11. teeceetx

teeceetx

It's now estimated that the death toll will be in 6 figures - from Dr. Fauci: claims 100,000-240,000 dead. Does that get anyone's attention?

AdamRodgers likes this.
  12. JohnH

JohnH Millennium Member

Yes, my BS meter is pegged!

13. Bradd D

Bradd D

See my post on page 7.

14. IvanVic

IvanVic

The estimate includes deaths that linger well into June and beyond. There was a graph and detailed explanation - did you watch the press conference? Nobody knows the real number, clearly, but two or three weeks from now we should have a better idea whether or not those numbers were overstated.

nrajeff and czsmithGT like this.
  15. pblanc

pblanc

Italy is still seeing new death at a rate of over 800/day (837 yesterday). So even if the rate of new case reports has plateaued, if the death toll stabilizes at the current daily rate before a downward inflection point is reached, it won't take many days for that 13,000 number to exceed 15,000. And that will certainly not be the end of it.

If the eventual daily fatality rate follows anything like a normal curve like many of the projections are showing graphically, then there will be as many deaths following the peak as there were leading up to it. So now the eventual total death rate for Italy goes from 15,000 to 30,000.

But the population of the US is 5 1/2 times that of Italy. So if the US eventually sees a comparable per capita fatality rate: 5.5 x 30,000 = 165,000.

Which number happens to lie just about midway between 100,000 and 240,000.

16. Bradd D

Bradd D

I doubt we're going to see anything near their per capita.

17. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I think the country will be fortunate if the death toll from the start of this year’s flu season until fall from flu, Corona virus and the things they cause could be held to under 200,000. The only thing I would wonder about is if Italy’s fatality rate will really follow the Bell curve. It could be that since the bulk of early deaths there were of median age of 80, it could be many more people will end up having died as the curve reaches its peak than as the rate declines since the most vulnerable will have already died.

18. Sharkey

Sharkey

Whew, a lot better than 2.2 million.

19. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    why?

20. lazarus66

lazarus66

I think Hannie is really Rush Limbaugh. And, soylent green is people.

AdamRodgers and Sharkey like this.