close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For Sale: "The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power"

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Stephen A. Camp, May 9, 2003.

1. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased

Hello. This manual is for the Hi Power enthusiast or anyone interested in the pistol from a user's point of view. It does contain a brief history of the pistol, but concerns itself more with ammunition that has consistently worked very well in the Hi Power, recommended modifications and those to avoid, a long FAQ section, cleaning and maintenance, detail stripping (including magazine), and "getting good" with it. There is a comparison between the Hi Power and the three pistols I believe give it the best run for the money.

Not every comment in the manual is complimentary of the Hi Power pistol.
    This work is based on my observations and long-term experience with the Hi Power and is straight as I know how to tell it.

No effort was made to "pad" the 8 1/2 X 11" manual. It is spiral bound.

The front and back covers are of light gray 110-lb. card stock while the pages are white (brightness-rated: 94) 24-lb. paper on which the text is laser printed. Beside the table of contents, there are 36 physical pages with text on both sides. The preface and conclusion are printed on one side; nor does the cover sheet.

I was not able to make all the pictures color, but am able to provide a color picture on the front cover, the preface, and the conclusion. The book is illustrated with many pictures to aid the reader's understanding of what's being said.

That's as complete a description as I can give of what you get.

Price: $20 + $5 for shipping and handling. For orders outside the Continental US, include the extra required for postage. (Sorry.)

This treatise is not aimed at the collector, but the Hi Power shooter.

In interested, email me at s.camp9@charter.net.

Here are a few pictures of what you'll be getting.

[​IMG]
    The cover...

[​IMG]
    You can see the second page of the table of contents. There are 31 sections.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p4016ba6eb700ed1226d0ef402f1b8813/fc2ea0ee.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p8063ca8144e02f1ad15716206a7f1f88/fc2ea0ed.jpg

[​IMG]

The pictures are random shots of the manual at a few places from start to finish.

If you order a copy or copies, you will be notified by Email when it's mailed to you. I'll accept personal checks, cash, money orders, or cashier's checkes. I suggest the money order as they're cheaper than cashier's checks. Personal checks will be held until cleared before mailing the manual.

Best.

2. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased

Hello and thank you to all the Glocktalk folks who've ordered.

I appreciate your trust.

Best.

3. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased

Hello and thanks to all who've purchased "The Shooter's Guide to the Browning Hi Power." I am glad it's been enjoyable and of use.
    As per several email requests, I'm currently working on another book that will concern itself with defensive handguns for home protection as well as concealed carry. It will be wider in scope than the Browning Hi Power manual, and will include personal reviews on suitable handguns I've used long-term. It will be aimed more at the newer folks wanting to carry and focuses more on "hardware" rather than training and tactics.

Best and thank you all again.

4. Stephen A. Camp

Stephen A. Camp Deceased