Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale or certain trades: A literally hand built custom from a South African master blade smith that puts one he**uva folding knife together only using manual tools.

I am the first and only purchaser of this piece of beauty and hate to let it go but I like circulating all sorts of sweet knives in & out of my collection to keep things fresh and I need money to move.

The orininal price was around $$975 bought it by me only; costing $1100-$1000 and it’s in beautiful which I ca t nelpshe. Silver Carbon Fibk

$900 Insured, Tracked & Priority Shipped to your door. I accept PayPal & Venmo (I do Prefer f&f otherwise buyer will pay for all fees + the full cost of knife...

There is s small mark on the non-locking side (top of bolster which is made of some crazy scratch resistant material called zirconium which is mined in South Africa and holds up like Kevlar armor & can be anodized in different ways (Heat, voltage) which gives it such a unique look, used in a lot of your custom knives today. The mark is so minuscule it actually looks like just the hand stippling and has no bearing on the function or the beauty as you can see below at the pics. (I just took these fresh pics tonight). If your one of the OCD fellas that everything has to be perfect, well, I so happen to carry and use them as cutting tools, and sometimes yourborcious items pics up a scrrach or two along the way but if the buyer wanted it fixed, yeah you could definitely have the bolster fixed but it just isn’t worth it to me. Mr. Thorburn will definitely help u out if your wanting to go that route and I know the middle men that can get your knife shipped straight to him without issues. Hell, you could have him make a new set of bolsters and scales of any materials or colors you like for the entire knife if you wanted to go through all that; So because of the mark, I dropped the price dramatically because of the small mark on my actual favorite piece in my collection. Actually I hope nobody buys it but i Do need some quick cash. This has to be one of the finest gentlemen’s carry that will catch peoples attention. I listed more details in the pics.

If you have any further inquiries, questions, pictures or happy references (customers) I have sold to over several differnt people fro several different forums, I would be glad to have them speak with you.

So enjoy the pics and by the way, this thing snaps open like a rat trap and has smooth one thumb lock release disengagement & as you pass the Detent the blade smoothly drops into the knife as u can feel that Detent knifenjoy.comsuck that blade in like Count Dracula (you know, like the cereal)!

Thanks for looking, if u want dm me, I can shipper first thing today!

Comes with C.O.A & carrying pouch.

Only trades; Lnib Hudson H9, a lnib Springfield Armory Edge Pistol In 5.56
Danwesson commander in .45acp bobbed and designed for precision by doing the cajunize buy me a s 1maxs dmmbiv

Handwriting Paper product Paper Office equipment Writing
Font Handwriting Paper Paper product Stationery
Text Handwriting Font Stationery Office supplies
Green Metal Silver
Green Metal Door Handle Door handle
Green Blade Knife Everyday carry Kitchen utensil
Green Knife Blade Everyday carry Grey
Green Automotive tire Metal Rim Tread

Mr. Thorburn wife hand stippled both sides of the zirconium boosters ?
Zirconium it’s not work. I lobe getting stxhmmused by many is the best scratch r resister . I myself like this gem a genius design; they hold value well. Other trades would
Mm

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright; last call $850 Tracked, Insured, Priority Shipped for a hand made; full custom L48 Built by one of the masters over In South Africa. This knife is absolutely gorgeous; there are a couple super “minor” & barely visible marks; Nothing that you wouldn’t even notice. This is built on anodized to a mirror light blue color titanium liners w/ zirc bolsters that are hand stippled and anodized various greens; purples and a variety of colorors depending on the light by Andre Thirburn’s wife; Zirconium is super scratch resistant and a gorgeous looking material; the 3.25” N690 steel with a true hand rubbed satin finish, Rides on Ceramic IKBS w/ Ceramic Detent. Of course Mr. Thorburn has this dialed into a super snappy deployment giving you the “Thorburn” “Thwack!” As it engages the lockbar, with the most perfect lock-up you’ll ever see & ridiculously easy disengagement of the lockbar as the blade falls like all Thorburn’s do with their, “ridiculously butter smooth action anyway which way the blade is headed.” No blade play in any direction what-so-ever when in the locked position, zero detent slop or lock stick or anything you can think of... It’s perfect and the price is not bad for what your getting, I’m losing money and I only dropped the price for minuscule marks most will have a difficult time even finding it.
Handwriting Paper product Paper Office equipment Writing
Green Pattern Metal Iron Silver
Green Textile Pattern Synthetic rubber Creative arts
Green Blade Knife Everyday carry Kitchen utensil
Green Blade Knife Everyday carry Utility knife
Green Automotive tire Metal Rim Tread
Pattern Design Visual arts Motif
Pattern Visual arts Motif
Pattern Visual arts Design Motif Creative arts
Pattern Visual arts Design Motif Embroidery

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its pretty,,, but,,, I think you need to auction it,,, or take it through a well known and trusted knife collectors establishment to sell..
I have it posted at some good forums. If people only knew the mere craftmenship & utter precision hand made Custom this is. Just thought their may be someone out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.