close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For real though, a quality OWB that easy o the wallet please

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by alexhartang, Jun 14, 2012.

1. alexhartang

alexhartang

I've been searching through threads and I have found multiple threads talking about OWB holsters. What I have not found is a legitimately solid one. People throw out suggestions here and there, and talk about how a certain holster is great, but it is either a 6 month wait or well over $100.00.

So I ask you, GlockTalkers, what is a quality (preferably leather) OWB holster that is easy on the wallet? Im asking for a 19. I'm talking a good, tight fitting sharp looking OWB holster...Please!? Picures, links, etc... are helpful!!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

How about a Desantis Speed Scabbard? I have one for my Glock 19, it is a very good holster for the money and is solid.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Scabbard-Holster-Leather-002BAB6Z0/dp/B0020HW5CW"]Amazon.com: Desantis 002 Speed Scabbard Belt Holster Right Hand Black Glock 19,23,36 Leather 002BAB6Z0: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ldkyfC%2B8L.@@AMEPARAM@@61ldkyfC%2B8L[/ame]

Or a Don Hume H721 - http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=44

Or a Galco [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Concealable-Belt-Holster-Glock/dp/B003UGIYAE"]Amazon.com: Galco Concealable Belt Holster for Glock 19, 23, 32: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cElclUmjL.@@AMEPARAM@@31cElclUmjL[/ame]

3. jjslice

jjslice

Not leather but the Concealment-X is great for price and quality

4. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

Get a glock holster and be done with it, If you want to spend all the extra money on a fancy holster that you don't need then knock yourself out.

5. alexhartang

alexhartang

I would be happy with that, but for a custom build i just finished and spent $1,200 on, id like something somewhat decent. and leather

6. piccopower

piccopower still a noob :(

$1200 on your piece and wanting a cheap holster?
    Man you went that far, just go all out:cool:

7. 10-32

10-32 Here, hold this

I have several Galco holsters, and I've yet to be disappointed in them. They look nice, they fit the guns well, they "ride" nice on my belt, and they're relatively inexpensive.

I have a Don Hume JIT for my Glock 30, and I love that thing as well. Really cheap, plain and simple holster that holds the weapon in tight. I like it so much that I chose Don Hume again for my Sig P238, which I'm wearing as I type this. This one is a clip holster which I normally don't like, but this particular one has been great.

8. 10-32

10-32 Here, hold this

Wait, you have a $1200 Glock 19?

9. Islander1

Islander1

I'd like to hear about this $1200 Glock 19 too!

10. Rustin

Rustin

Yeah, what?!?

At least post some pics of it...

11. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

$1200 on a gun you shouldn't be so cheap about a holster. I posted up three good leather options.

12. gajones06

gajones06

I'm not sure I would be carrying a $1200 glock..definitely would like to see pics.

13. alexhartang

alexhartang

Yeah, I happen to be THAT guy. I know it wasnt probably the wisest choice, but I love glocks, and my 19! I'll load up pics as soon as my Go***mn barrel gets here this weekend hopefully. The reason it cost so much to build was because of the parts i bought. Judge if you'd like but I love my glock! I wanted to try to build the most custom glock i could from scratch so i tried to go all out

Heres a list of the "custom" (if thats what youd call it) parts i purchased:

Glock oem frame (this atleast needs to be oem)

Lonewolf match grade slide (G19)

Meprolight tru-dot tritium night sites (green on green)

custom american flag polished aluminum slide cover plate (rockyourglock.com)

Titanium safety plunger

glock oem lci extractor

titanium striker with 5# striker spring

lonewolf match grade barrel with custom engraving ( no cheesy lonewolf log either...success!)

slug plug

ghost 3.5# connector

extended slide release

stainless steel guide rod assembly

buffer recoil (which may or may not do anything)

chrome pin set

Chrome slide lock

custom mag release

I thin that covers most of it..anything i didnt put (spring cups, extractor depressor plunger, etc...) is stock because i couldnt find those in a "custom" format.

Like i said, the moment i can put it all together and it just dosnt look "unfinished" i will be more than happy to post pics!

while im on the topic, what does everyone think? more how it sounds before i can get pics up lol

14. 10-32

10-32 Here, hold this

I wasn't trying to judge you man, it just seemed like a lot of scratch for a Glock. Some people probably think the Series 1 Kimber Gold Combat I got for $1200 wasn't worth the money either, but I couldn't care less. I love that gun.

I don't know much about custom Glocks, but it sounds pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the pics!

As an aside, I have wanted a Glock 19 SO bad for years, and still don't have one. It makes me sad every day ... no foolin'

15. larson1122

larson1122

:wow: That thing better be able to cook and do the laundry for $1200 :whistling:

16. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

Another Galco fan here, for a leather OWB. I also like Desantis speed scabbard. And for really nice value, Check out Dillon leather... I don't own one, but they are sweet and look great.
    However, for a $1200 g19, I'd prolly go sharkskin!:supergrin:

17. P35

P35

18. alexhartang

alexhartang

Oh no no i dont think you were judging! There are just some people on here ive noticed that like to advocate a "stock glock". I completely agree wit that group but i just wanted to throw it out there as a pre-emptive strike on the haters. lol

19. alexhartang

alexhartang

Sharkskin eh? have any good sites with some of them holsters?
    I AM trying to keep a budget with it but sharkskin is quite intriguing...

20. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

i like a thumb break, so a galco fletch, or a galco cop series.