For my G23 (BoB)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by J3Colt, Feb 5, 2010.

1. J3Colt

J3Colt Glock-Off

In addition to what I've seen here on GT referred to as the Bug-Out-Bag (BoB) that I keep in my Jeep 24/7, I wanted to put together something that could attach to that backpack and yet by itself provide me with enough tools to get by with alone.

Whether I'm hunting, hiking, or camping, I always pack at least a pistol along for the trip. And right now I'm in love with my Glock 23, and it goes everywhere with me.

This little setup uses the molle straps and I can carry a spare magazine, knife, fire starter, and lanyard.

The overall weight isn't bad at all, plus I wanted more protection around the pistol than my regular carry holsters provide since this setup will be used mostly outdoors or shoved inside my backpack as needed.

Attached Files:

2. den888

den888

Great set-up. I own a G23 also and would carry it out hiking. I can use the 2 loads - .40S&W and 9mm (with my conversion barrel) which adds to the versatility of the weapon.

3. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

The 23 is my go gun as well and I agree totally with the different calibers. I went a step further and got a 32 barrel in addition to the 9mm so .357 would be an option.

4. J3Colt

J3Colt Glock-Off

Thanks! This setup also works for my G17 and HK USP, and it still seems lighter than carrying my Colt by itself!

Years ago, I used to have a Sig 229 that had both .357 & .40 barrels from the factory that could be switched in seconds. I liked that conversion ability and wish that I still had that gun!:crying:

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

That's a nice setup. It would be comforting to have along in the woods.

6. js415

js415

That's a nice rig...I need something like that.

7. Mattyd

Mattyd

J3- what is that set up? Where did you get it? I likey!

8. J3Colt

J3Colt Glock-Off

Thanks guys! I appreciate your feedback.

The holster & mag holder is made by ModGear and I picked it up on Cheaper Than Dirt for about $15 (of course their shipping costs are insane compared to what they used to be). IMO, it's well made and was a steal for the price. We'll see how well it holds up--so far so good!

The knife is a SOG of some kind, not sure what model, but I picked it up at Dick's Sporting Goods for about $50. The shealth has the molle straps on it and an extra pouch for storing small items like the fire stater.