close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For IPSC Production: CZ75/85 vs. Glock?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ilocano, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

Hi everyone.

I'm quite new with practical shooting. Bought myself a glock 17 because primarily- it looks good and saw it in lots of action films. hehe i tried it out in the range once, and generally it's ok, but not until the range officer asked me to try out his cz.

We had a fun shoot last sunday and all the guys who joined the prod div were firing CZs. Can you share me your thoughts on CZ vs Glock in prod? im leaning on selling my glock for a cz.

PS> who's from north luzon here?

2. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Personal preferences. Are you comfortable with the G17? Did you shoot better with the CZ or the Glock? Try firing both from 10 yds out to 25 yds then compare. In places I compete, CZs are not popular. The odd (no pun intended) pistols are Smith and Wesson 9mms,
    Beretta 40 and 9s, Kimber 45s. The most popular semis commonly used in ranges like Norco, Southwest Pistol League, Prado Tiro are Glocks, STIs, ParaO, Caspian and Colts. I lean towards the Glock 17 because it is my preferred weapon. It is what I carry in uniform or in civilian attire as well in IPSC matches. My .02 cents.

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Welcome to BOGS;F

Both pistols are popular choices for IPSC Production Div. worldwide. IMHO, its a matter of personal preference and how one achieves mastery on trigger control. I first started competing with my G17 until I was attracted to the SA trigger of the CZ 85B. The 85B is my primary game gun for now with the G17 as back up(just so i don't waste expensive reg fee in case the CZ conks out in a Level II or III match) and carry.

For carry, it would always be Glock for me
    ;)

4. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

the g17 fits my hand well, however, the trigger just makes my shots go wild, specially in point shooting/double taps. some say I should change my trigger from 5.5 to a 3.5, then replace the stock firing pin to titatium- that they say will bring it down to 3.0. Is this true?

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

check out the BoG CZ-75/85 thread. Welcome lakay! What province are you in? Gun club? glck17 is a top dawg in ipsc pd in your area and he uses, what else? a glock!

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

depends on whose connector you're gonna use. if you do that, you will not qualify for level II and up sa IPSC. dryfire with snap caps na lang.

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

More ammo for practice instead and lots of dry fire. ;)

8. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Hi, ilocano. Welcome to the BoG forum :)

I'm not from Northern Luzon, but I now live in Pangasinan. I used to shoot a CZ85 Combat for Production Div, but I sold it and switched to a G17 instead. I use a G19 for carry, and I wanted to become proficient with only one manual of arms.

Doing double taps or shooting with flash sight pictures with a Glock just takes a bit of practice. Oddly, the stock trigger of my new G17 (thank you, deenoh) is just as good as the trigger of my older G19 which has a 3.5# connector. YMMV.

9. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Isn't 5 lbs the minimum DA/Safe action pistol trigger pull for IPSC Production Division?

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

correct. pag SA mode na, anything goes, i think. dun lugi ang glock unless you master its trigger control

11. julianz

julianz toxic master

Ilocano ;F to the club.

im new to the sports too and had managed to pop both cz and glocks in some occasions (not in comps)these two are great pieces of equipment..as sir jerrytrini and the rest of the BOGs reiterated kung saan ka comportable lakay yon ang ipang IPSC mo , whatever fits your hand and whatever works for you.

julianz of Bulacan(bayan ng magigiting na lalaki at magagandang dilag)
    bayan din ng maraming beerhouse;f

12. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

Thanks everyone. i think I know who glck17 is.. bilis rumatrat ng taga dpsa nato, first saw him way back 1996 and until now shoots a g17.

Im actually fr Baguio City, not a member of any gun club yet as PMA Shooting Club closed its doors to new members(which is quite odd).

Doc EC, the thread on cz75 was very helpfull. Perhaps I could meet the BoGs gang next month- Toots Cup!

Salamat po sa mga comento

13. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

try to contact dr. bernie casusi of pma gun club (formerly top gun). they're very active in the ipsc circuit. since kami host nang toot's cup, we'll be in rosales in january.

14. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Seems there is no clear advantage using a glock 17 over a cz75/85. Is there? I'm leaning pa naman towards the glock for competition;Q

15. bulm540

bulm540

It is a personal preference, It is the Indian and not arrow.

16. Allegra

Allegra

Yung kay Jordan pala "it wasnt the shoes?" :)

17. bulm540

bulm540

18. glck17

glck17

Welcome ilocano! we'll be having a funshoot year-ender match, 5 stages, 100rds on the 30th. You can drop by and i'll be glad to give you a tip or two on your g17;)

19. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

glck17,

Count me in on your impromptu Glock tutorial, okay. Thanks.

20. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

It's not the gun nga, tanong mo kay Taurus. ;f He has used the CZ and Glock in competition, pareho lang effect....jam pa rin...hehe;f