Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded an older 9 for a fairly new g29 sf gen 3.
I've owned 2 glocks before but not a subcompact.

For piece of mind, and my safety, would someone take 2 pictures for me,
1st pic is a top down view of the frame/grip with the slide off and disconnected. So I can see the puny glock rails atop the "lower receiver".
2nd. A pic of the guiderod spring assembly. (Possibly the stock one and if you have a different one in now I would like to see that.)
REMEMBER THIS IS FOR GLOCK 29 SF GEN 3 OWNERS ONLY.

THANKS TEAM GLOCK!
-T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Basically what's your bullet guide look like

I recently traded an older 9 for a fairly new g29 sf gen 3.
I've owned 2 glocks before but not a subcompact.

For piece of mind, and my safety, would someone take 2 pictures for me,
1st pic is a top down view of the frame/grip with the slide off and disconnected. So I can see the puny glock rails atop the "lower receiver".
2nd. A pic of the guiderod spring assembly. (Possibly the stock one and if you have a different one in now I would like to see that.)
REMEMBER THIS IS FOR GLOCK 29 SF GEN 3 OWNERS ONLY.

THANKS TEAM GLOCK!
-T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just wanted to add for background, that I'm not new to firearms, nor glock, but seeing that worried me and I wasn't thinking logically at that point.
@naltak, great that's what I needed.
I just have never seen a bent or curved bullet guide they have always been straight.

My guiderod does look different. The thicker part seem to have shiny reflective metal shrouds around it with the middle rod visible. Of course mine is barely used so maybe its just cleaner. Idk
The thin section the connects to the barrel reads 019 counterclockwise from left to right.
Does this mean its a 19pound system and its not "upgraded" like he thought it was?
I can't seem to upload pics. Slow internet I suppose.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Just wanted to add for background, that I'm not new to firearms, nor glock, but seeing that worried me and I wasn't thinking logically at that point.
@naltak, great that's what I needed.
I just have never seen a bent or curved bullet guide they have always been straight.

My guiderod does look different. The thicker part seem to have shiny reflective metal shrouds around it with the middle rod visible. Of course mine is barely used so maybe its just cleaner. Idk
The thin section the connects to the barrel reads 019 counterclockwise from left to right.
Does this mean its a 19pound system and its not "upgraded" like he thought it was?
I can't seem to upload pics. Slow internet I suppose.

Thanks for your time
FYI, there is no such part named "bullet guide".
I'm guessing the "curved bullet guide" being referred to is the ejector. If that's what we're speaking of, it's there to eject the spent casing or entire cartridge out the ejection port.

This ejector, shared by the G20/21/29/30 models does have more of a bend in them compared to other Glock models.

I usually refer to the recoil spring assembly (RSA) numbers clockwise, as in 0-9-1, with the "1" being a revision from an earlier version which likely had no revision number, originally.

More info on dual-spring RSA numbering:
0-1-x G22/31/35/17
0-2-x G17/34
0-3-x G23/32
0-4-x G19
0-5-x G17T
0-6 G19T
0-7-x G20/21
0-8-x G26/27/33/39
0-9-x G29/30

All are for Gen4 guns except the 0-8-x and 0-9-x which are for any generation.

Reactions: SizeDoesMatter1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing the "curved bullet guide" being referred to is the ejector. This ejector, shared by the G20/21/29/30 models does have more of a bend in them compared to other Glock models.

I usually refer to the recoil spring assembly (RSA) numbers clockwise, as in 0-9-1, with the "1" being a revision from an earlier version which likely had no revision number, originally.

0-1-x G22/31/35/17
0-2-x G17/34
0-3-x G23/32
0-4-x G19
0-5-x G17T
0-6 G19T
0-7-x G20/21
0-8-x G26/27/33/39
0-9-x G29/30

Thanks for clearing up the RSA issue.
Anyway to tell how many pounds it can take like 21, 22 or 23#?

Also, I believe its the ejector. If you were to insert a loaded mag into your glock with the slide off. It would be that curved metal point which rests on the case rim of the round.

It was straight in my other autos.

Again thanks for your knowledge and hopefully this data will help others. Not that any one would need i. *cough cough*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UOTE="Blades, post: 22769909, member: 19424"]Congratulations on the new G29sf. Great little gun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

I've owned a G22 before but I like the data I see for 10mm.
I am running hornady 180 gr XTP right now. I have ordered Buffalo bore hard cast 220 gr ammo
Going to attempt to modify a kriss vector mags to produce 30 round 10mm mag for my G29

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks!!

I've owned a G22 before but I like the data I see for 10mm.
I am running hornady 180 gr XTP right now. I have ordered Buffalo bore hard cast 220 gr ammo
Going to attempt to modify a kriss vector mags to produce 30 round 10mm mag for my G29
Let us know how that works. I have seen on another forum some success with the modification.

I wonder if anyone has tried the Taran Tactical +4 on a G20 magazine, would give you 19 rounds of 10mm. :)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Anyway to tell how many pounds it can take like 21, 22 or 23#?
Here's one source/supplier: http://www.glockstore.com/stainless-steel-competition-recoil-spring-for-glocks-w-dual-spring-1

It indicates the standard spring rate is 17 lbs, with optional weights available.

Another source is Wolff Springs at: www.gunsprings.com
Its website seems to be down at the moment I'm typing this, but it gives some "rules-of-thumb" for selecting a spring weight which consists of estimating how far away your spent casings are ejecting and landing.

Reactions: SizeDoesMatter1

·
1911 lover
10,153 Posts
I like 10mm in general, I have two colt 1911's and a glock 20 which I have not really played with yet. I bought the glock for when I am flying over mountains or out a ways on a boat... and people and help are ... well not very close... a few mags of 10 mm makes me think ... at least I am armed for whatever with that gun...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI, there ch part named "bullet guide".
I'm guessing the "curved bullet guide" being referred to is the ejector. If that's what we're speaking of, it's there to eject the spent casing or entire cartridge out the ejection port.

This ejector, shared by the G20/21/29/30 models does have more of a bend in them compared to other Glock models.

0-1-x G22/31/35/17
0-2-x G17/34
0-3-x G23/32
0-4-x G19
0-5-x G17T
0-6 G19T
0-7-x G20/21
0-8-x G26/27/33/39
0-9-x G29/30

I was wondering if you or anyone could tell me if the pearce pinky extensions for the g29 will be compatible withe the g29 sf? I know the mags are the same. Worried about fit for the SF version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FYI, there ch part named "bullet guide".

0-1-x G22/31/35/17
0-2-x G17/34
0-3-x G23/32
0-4-x G19
0-5-x G17T
0-6 G19T
0-7-x G20/21
0-8-x G26/27/33/39
0-9-x G29/30

I was wondering if you or anyone could tell me if the pearce pinky extensions for the g29 will be compatible withe the g29 sf? I know the mags are the same. Worried about fit for the SF version.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts