close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For anyone into Military history..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BicycleDay43, Nov 21, 2012.

1. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Found a video from 2003 showing the life of IDF Soldiers at checkpoints along Israel/Gaza.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7lLluBf0xs"]Checkpoint - every day life in Israel - Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I'm sure it's a thankless job. If you do your job the way it should be done, everyone hates you because you're causing delays. If you screw up that one time, you're potentially letting a terrorist slip by to blow him/herself up in your community.

3. BicycleDay43

It seems like they're either really stressed or really bored and they deal with it by trolling Palestinians.

But hey, the tables are turned when your *** is in the grass. Nothing ever happens like it 'should'.

4. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX

As an Israeli, this movie makes me sad.

I have watched several segments of this movie and in general the treatment the Palestinians got from the soldiers seemed to be fair but I know that without the camera around this is not always the case.

Unfortunately, the reality is that they send those 18-19 yo soldiers to do work and handle civilian population with very little guidance. They are not trained to handle the civilians and do the role of a police officer. The rules seem to be flexible and the ultimate decision is in the hand of the soldier.

Sad reality.

5. BicycleDay43

So what you're saying is, you'd rather see Israeli soldiers with more standard operating procedures. The problem I see as well is that the soldiers are put in position as problem solvers (ie: Law Enforcement Officers). This could be fixed with leadership stepping in.

Sent from the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer