Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems GT Distributors is ending their contract with Smith & Wesson. Apparently, it is due in part to S&W's practice of bypassing GT Dist(and I assume other LEO distributors) for LEO contracts. i.e. Selling their guns "for a song" in order to secure contracts for accessories, armorer's courses, etc.

I am not badmouthing GT Dist. or S&W for their business practices, as I love GT dist. and would love to own several more S&W firearms. I am simply stating that there was a disagreement between the two companies, and they have both decided to part ways.

I will miss seeing the excellent selection of M&P handguns, 1911s, AR-15s. They had a great deal that included 3 mags and night sights, for about the same price as a barebones model from Cabela's.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
And on another note, GT Distributors has been given increased LE territories from Glock, adding areas that were taken away from certain other distributors who didn't play by the rules. They now have:

FL, GA, KS, MO, NE, OK and of course the Great State of Texas.

Their customer service is still excellent. It is unfortunately about the falling out with S&W, they had the absolute best prices on stuff like M&P rifles.

·
Just pixels
2,992 Posts
And on another note, GT Distributors has been given increased LE territories from Glock, adding areas that were taken away from certain other distributors who didn't play by the rules. They now have:

FL, GA, KS, MO, NE, OK and of course the Great State of Texas.

Their customer service is still excellent. It is unfortunately about the falling out with S&W, they had the absolute best prices on stuff like M&P rifles.
I'm from Missouri and guy at work told me last week that his dealer was in a panic looking for a new Distributor for Blue Label Glocks as "OMBGUNS" had gotten out of the Glock business. I told him I had gotten one from OMBguns only a week earlier and thought his dealer had just gotten "OMBguns" with "OMB".

Maybe something to it though, any insights???

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
There's a couple variants of OMB out there, but the one in question lost it's Glock contract for reasons nobody has decided to publish. GT's was awarded their former territory. They are still selling USED Glocks and possibly civilian Glocks, but are no longer an LE Distributor (blue label).

Anyone in LE looking for Glocks can of course call Glock and they will point them in the right direction, but it sounds like your buddy should call GT's.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm from Missouri and guy at work told me last week that his dealer was in a panic looking for a new Distributor for Blue Label Glocks as "OMBGUNS" had gotten out of the Glock business. I told him I had gotten one from OMBguns only a week earlier and thought his dealer had just gotten "OMBguns" with "OMB".

GT Distributors will be receiving much more business from Glock due to OMB losing Glock. GT Dist is already talking about setting up another store further West thanks to this. OMB will be leaving a large void that companies like GT Dist and other LE distributors are all to happy to fill.

Here is the thread regarding OMB:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1307468

·
Just pixels
2,992 Posts
I'm from Missouri and guy at work told me last week that his dealer was in a panic looking for a new Distributor for Blue Label Glocks as "OMBGUNS" had gotten out of the Glock business. I told him I had gotten one from OMBguns only a week earlier and thought his dealer had just gotten "OMBguns" CONFUSED with "OMB".

Forgot to add the "confused" with OMB that went out of the Glock business several months back. Sentence makes a bit more sense now. Sounds like you guys figured it out anyway thanks!

I actually traded an older G-26 to OMB Guns under a program for a new 4th Gen Blue Label G27, but that was nearly a month ago now that I think about it.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Does this also include the GT Distributors in Rossville, GA? (which is literally about 100 yards into GA from the TN state line at Chattanooga)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts