GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,487 Posts
It's football. Just get rid of the anthem, there's no need to play that at every sporting event.

If they want to look bad, let them, who cares? I'm going to still enjoy the game. The laughable thing is they are accomplishing NOTHING, but pissing off fans like you.

You'd think they'd be smart enough not to **** where they eat.
Get rid of the anthem? You’ll lose that debate.

Go ahead and watch. I won’t. I have plenty more productive things to do.

They’re not smart enough to not s*** where they eat. Again, go ahead and watch.

·
Registered
24,663 Posts
Tying the national anthem & patriotism to sports is not really political -

You don't have a democrat anthem or a GOP anthem - the playing of it before sporting events has happened during democrat and GOP controlled times.

In some way it could be a small attempt to bring everyone together as one group of Americans.

I don't see that as bad - but if you don't want to participate then at least show some respect for the people that do.

I do not think that we should be tying sports to the military. But I do see the connection between being on a team and being in the military - so you can say the type of person that plays team sports would be a good candidate for joining the military - so make it about recruiting. But having a jet fly over the stadium seems like a waste of $$.

·
Rational
14,227 Posts
What I think about is if everyone would stop *****ing and complaining about the kneeling, it would stop. They want attention, stop giving it to them.

Frankly, I'm tired of every sporting event has turned into a military recruit commercial. The military PAYS the teams to be there, but it makes it look like a third world dictatorship.
I don't have a problem with the military theme, but I do have a problem with the military having to pay the NFL for it. It should be the other way around, and the NFL should do it because they genuinely care about patriotism. Which they don't.

I do agree with you, however, that if people would stop giving this attention, then it would go away. Because nothing pisses off a protester more than being ignored. The sooner Trump and the media stop getting involved in this, the better. Stop broadcasting it, stop talking about it.

·
Registered
14,517 Posts
Until 2009 no players stood for the Anthem.
Until then they stayed in the locker rooms and took the field afterwords.

Long and hallowed tradition?

121 - 126 of 126 Posts