close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Footage...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mdfd, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mdfd

mdfd

I just saw this posted on another forum (which happens to be unrelated to any firearms forum) and was wondering what your thoughts/comments are.....

I know war is a terrible thing, but the seemingly insensitive and indifferent nature of the dialogue about the taking of human life (one guy compliments the other for "good shooting" and there are also light-hearted comments about rolling over the dead bodies....)never sits right with me...right or wrong, it never will sit right with me....

I'm not trying to start a discussion on war in general...People very close to me were involved in war....Just the sense I get from watching real footage like these and the dialogue which occurs seems some of those folks involved think it's a big video game....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0&feature=player_embedded

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Not sure how you expect one to answer without discussing war.....:dunno:

War sucks. In this war, Reuters has established itself in more than a few occasions as being lackadaisical in their selection of credible reporters...ie Staged anti Israeli photo-propaganda, collaborating with our enemy, etc.
    In this instance, you have a battle zone, with Reuters tagging along with armed (I DID see the RPG) combatants.
    Not hard to see how they became dead.
    I have no criticism of the dialogue, these guys are soldiers, doing a very grim job that needs to be done.
    Anyone who knows FF's/EMT/LEO or Veterans can attest that sanity is often preserved by what we may perceive as caustic or calloused humor.

3. mdfd

mdfd

to clarify: not trying to start a discussion/debate between people for/against our involvement in the war....

4. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

First thanks for posting the link, I had not seen that before. This thread probably belongs in GNG lounge though.

Also from the vets I have talked to, they didn't think of the enemy as human, just a target to destroy. After a while, its not even a big deal to them, most of them. Thats just the way it is. War is hell.

5. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

War is about survival and when you survive you get happy. Ain't been there? You can't judge. You don't know.

6. mixflip

mixflip

This will locked soon I am sure.

Walking in a combat zone in civilian clothes and carrying AK47 isnt too smart. You are asking to be identified/mistaken for an insurgent.

If that group of "friendly but armed" Iraqi's arent pointing out American soldiers for RPG attacks...they sure did look like it.

As for the 2 kids. Its no secret the insurgents and those sympathetic to the insurgents use kids to make them look less suspicious to soldiers. Its sad that they are thrown in the middle if this crazy war.

Remember there is definately more to this video than what you see. There is info we dont know about, THAT you can guarantee!!! Context and propaganda are always exploited in these videos.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  7. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Being at the wrong place with the wrong people and at the wrong time will get you hurt!