close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Food Stamp Program

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RDW, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

Most, if not all States provide cash for needy families via an EBT card. And yes, it also serves as a 'Food Stamp' card.

2. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

If she is then she is committing fraud. The food stamp program is calculated based on all income in the home, not just the parents of children. If she is living with her parents then her parents income BY LAW has to be included in the calculations. If she is falsely claiming that she is living by herself to get the benefits, then someone should report her.

FYI, while it does vary state-by-state, the max four people(your cousin and three kids) could get is 668 in Illinois, not 800. You can easily look online and see what the max benefit is for her state.

3. RDW

RDW BTDT

"SAY SO!" SO What? You don't think this is happening?!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  4. IvanVic

IvanVic

Because the issue has been haunted by absent-tooth demagogues that write chain letters, it's useless to try to make a valid point about the abuse of food stamps. When you do, everyone just associates you with these people.

5. IvanVic

IvanVic

It seems like everybody who writes/reads/believes these chain emails at face value seems to have that same cousin, or friend of their brother's cousin, that drives a new 458 Italia and lives on food stamps. Oh, and it seems like just yesterday (it's always just yesterday) they saw that lady stocking up on lobster and steak at the grocery store.

In all the years I have been shopping for groceries, I have never once even paid attention to what method of payment the person in front of me is using - yet these people somehow always seem to be able to distinguish.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. devildog2067

devildog2067

The "so what" is a little thing called "integrity." Ask SgtMaj Daly about it, he'll tell you.

Your post was written such that it implied that you personally saw this. You did not.

No idea.

I do know the EBT program is designed not to work that way. You cannot get cash back off of an EBT card. Cards that are loaded with both food benefits and other benefits can be used to withdraw funds at any ATM, no need to go buy a grape.

I doubt that the story took place, but cannot prove that it did not. I can state with absolute certainty that it did not go down the way that the story claims that it went down, you cannot get cash back from food stamps in any way.

7. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

I know that, and I didnt dispute that. They are SEPERATE though. They are not just put in one category. The card has two balances, one for SNAP(food stamps) and one for TANF(cash assistance). You CANNOT get cash back from food stamps, period.

8. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

I never see people use EBT cards where I shop.

:dunno:

9. ray9898

ray9898

You should not be surprised you are called out. You just posted a complete fabricated lie you portrayed to be something truthful that you personally witnesses.

10. Zonny

Zonny

Exactly!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. ray9898

ray9898

Also, many states are putting child support collected by the courts on EBT cards.

12. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

The same card is used for food assistance and cash assistance. If you use the food assistance you get debited for the exact amount of the purchase. You can access the cash assistance at an atm with no need to purchase anything.

I suppose that if a store offered free transactions for food purchases but charged an ATM fee someone might buy something cheap to get the free transaction but the money comes from the cash side of the card. It is true that by law there can be no minimum purchase requirements.

Took ten minutes of Googling to find that out.

13. RedTop

RedTop

14. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

15. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Here people end up destroying the magnetic strip on their cards so they can't be used at an ATM and the stores won't give cashback without a purchase.

16. RDW

RDW BTDT

I DID NOT! Look at my Location - I'm in CA; Not FL.

17. droidfire

droidfire

If you want to go that way with it, don't ever leave your posted location without changing it, else you become the liar you are trying to convince yourself you aren't.

18. ttowndeputy

ttowndeputy

I've noticed that an overwhelming majority of the people I arrest are receiving food stamps, and have the card for free health care as well.. WTF? Most of these dirtbags are relatively fit, and able bodied males. They're certainly healthy enough to be out stealing, fighting, and selling/buying dope!! Why isn't there some type of drug testing, and limit upon criminal behavior- in exchange for their entitlements? Stay safe out there folks...

19. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Damn Obama for starting the food stamp assistance program, DAMN HIM!

[​IMG]

20. RDW

RDW BTDT

IF you look at my Location - you will see PRK = People's Republic of Kalifornia. :faint: :faint::faint: :faint::faint: