Food Processor/Chopper

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Lone Wolff, May 20, 2005.

1. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Lately I've been thinking I should get a food processor or a food chopper. I'm spending way too much time on the cutting board because I go slow not wanting to cut off any fingers.

I'd really like to get a simple hand powered chopper, but I'm a little skeptical of their ability to actuallly "chop" rather than just smash the food.

Anyone have recommendations on a good processor, or had good luck with a hand powered chopper?

I don't want to drop a lot of $ on one, as I just don't know how much I'd use it. I get away with using my blender for dry foods that I need minced, but that isn't real good for other foods.

2. noway

noway

The Black & decker Handy proccessor does good for me. The blade has stayed sharp on mine and it is over 2yrs old and see alot of use. One problem it does exhibit , on certain items ( mainly tomatoes ) the food likes to rise up the side to the top. So you have to stop and push it down with a finger or fork ;)

Other than that, it is greta for home. Now if you ar a pro cook I've seen choppers that will grind walnut in the shell up but they coost like over $400 or more.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I want a Cuisinart. I am not going to fork out $200 for one as I simply don't have it right now... Maybe someday? :)

I have the $30 Cuisinart Mini Prep and I love it. Bowl only holds two cups so I work in small batches but it was worth every penny.

My big processor is a Black & Decker. I like it too...but still lust after the Cuisinart. I guess I have had it 5 years and it is still sharp.

4. noway

noway

{ Cuisinart Mini Prep}

Ironic, I bought one of those last mother day for my mom. She love it, great for her & all that veggie salads she will make.

5. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

I owned the Cuisinart Mini too until I divorced. I left it with the X. I now have the Black & Decker one now. Sells for about $15.