Fondled a 365 today

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by gatorboy, Sep 19, 2019.

1. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

isn't that the truth. the only question now is whether to get an XL. with the light weight and slim design, it's a world of difference to carry compared to the thick double stacks.

2. jmohme

jmohme

3. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Compared to a double stack it's just a night-and-day difference. I still love my G26 and it's a keeper. But yeah, I just came to the conclusion of 'why carry the G26 when I could carry the P365'? I'm giving up 3 rounds overall (Glock 26 with an Xgrip and G19 mag vs. a 12-round mag in the P365), but it's in a package that I forget I'm carrying. That makes a difference on a long day in the Florida heat!

The XL is on my radar and down the road I may well look into getting one. I like the idea of that flat trigger for some reason.

4. Deputydave

Untrue. Every so often a platform is developed that indeed changes or shifts the market. The P365 is one of those platforms i.e. a platform capable of 10, 12 or 15 rounds in a size category previously held by platforms holding 6-8 rounds. Simply because of a magazine that some others are unable to reproduce. In terms of concealed carry with a small platform that offers much higher capacity...it is most definitely a game changer.

gatorboy, snowbird.40 and rock_castle like this.
  5. jonb32248

jonb32248

It's a fad.This to will soon pass.

6. Deputydave

A small, high capacity 9mm is a fad?

Teecher45 and snowbird.40 like this.
  7. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

FIFY

:)

:outtahere:

8. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

I've had mine about a month and ~600 rds. Runs great with Win 124 NATO and HST 124's. I bought a Hogue grip and trimmed it a bit. Got a nice DeSantis (inexpensive) holster. Also required a little trimming because of my "Glock knuckle".

I've shot it a lot side-by-side with my G48.

For me the 365 pros are:
    1) easy to carry because of size
    2) 12 - 15 round capacity
    3) front sight is excellent
    4) POA/POI is perfect for me

For me the cons are:
    1) trigger is too light and has a barely perceptible trigger reset (makes it difficult to ride)
    2) natural point from presentation is low (with or without the Hogue). Grip angle?

Both pistols have been 100%. Shot side-by-side the G48 is much bigger. I can shoot the G48 much faster (accurately) because of the size and superior OP TAC trigger. I may ditch the Hogue and try Talons. Also might try the 48X frame - maybe.

Right now, I'm still carrying the G48. Good luck with your P365. :cheers:

365 g48.JPG

ithaca_deerslayer and gatorboy like this.
  9. Frenchman

Frenchman

You do realize that SIG uses combat sights, do you. Your front dot needs to cover your POA to become POI, as opposed to the 6 o'clock hold on Glocks.

snowbird.40 likes this.
  10. diamondd2

diamondd2

No matter how big of a Glock fan you are, you have to give credit where credit is due.

11. diamondd2

diamondd2

The 365 trigger is too light for you, but you went and modified your 48 with a lighter target type trigger. Ok, got it.

Longbow likes this.
  12. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Actually you don't "got it". My G48 has a substantially HEAVIER trigger. The TAC does not lighten the trigger. It does provide marginally shorter reset and flat face. My G48 has + connector and an OEM "red" striker spring. These mods get one a much heavier trigger. Got it now?

13. diamondd2

diamondd2

I do got it. Because you still had to modify your 48 to be a trigger of your liking, while complaining about the 365's trigger. But in reality, you don't like the 48 or the 365 trigger. Why not modify the 365 trigger?

14. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Great idea! Never thought of that. Perhaps you can explain to me how modify the Sig trigger for a heavier trigger pull and more distinct trigger reset with Sig OEM parts similar to the Glock.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  15. gatorboy

gatorboy ( . Y . )

I watched a few videos on the 365/365XL. I really liked the XL frame with the 365 upper.

There is a 365XL vs. G48 vid also and after watching that I would choose the XL over the 48 no doubt.

16. Deputydave

My choice would also be the XL over the G48. The XL has more stock capacity out the gate and increased capacity with an OEM magazine in a package that is smaller overall than the G48.

gatorboy and snowbird.40 like this.
  17. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

Frenchman - Hmmmm. I've read about such things but didn't know what it meant. I'll try to adjust my thought processes.

18. V Gehts

V Gehts

I pick my 365XL tomorrow Saturday, afternoon.
    Shot the original 365 when it first came out and even talked a buddy into buying one. So yes I’m familiar with the original 365.
    So when this new 365XL model popped up, of course I was curious. I rented it several times.
    I like the longer grip and girth the 365XL offers. I also like the night sights and bright front site (a plus) that come stock and the X trigger (with a flat trigger shoe that breaks at 90*) which also comes standard on this XL model. The longer barrel tones down the muzzle flip compared to the short barreled original 365. The little bit of extended beaver tail was NO biggie for me but for some it might help if gettin’ bit has been a problem.

Sigs 365XL has been on my radar,but not necessarily a have to have #1 or #2 gun purchase.
    When it was announced this past Tuesday at my LGS,...that all the Sigs will be on sale this coming weekend I decided to jump on it when I found out,my LGS only had 5 XL’s for this upcoming sale.
    I grabbed one early with the agreement of getting the sale price 2 days before the sale begins.

ithaca_deerslayer and gatorboy like this.
  19. BeauTie1

BeauTie1

I had never fondled a P365 before today. I stumbled into my LGS and found a used one in like-new condition today and took it straight to the range. I ran 150 flawless rounds through it and could not be more impressed. Super-accurate for me, mild recoil, an excellent trigger, and just felt awesome in my hand.

I have a CM9 that has been my go-to small 9mm and I laid the P365 on top of it and they are darn near identical in size (CM9 has a pinky extension on the mag). But of course the P365 gives 57% more capacity (10+1 vs 6+1) in that same-sized package.

I've read all the glowing reviews over the last two years but was kind of waiting it out a bit. I now see why the P365 has gotten so much hype. For me, the capacity is a big deal but the accuracy, shootability, and feel in the hand are great.

20. V Gehts

V Gehts