foller numbers ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dave Davis, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Dave Davis

Dave Davis

I see this from time to time talk about the follers #'s . I see the number on the fowwers but what are they for. Help me. another new guy question..

2. voyager4520

voyager4520

They're a progression of the latest followers. Once they go to a new number, it's the latest and greatest and is supposed to provide best all around function compared to the previous ones. I only own a .40, but the latest follower for it is #8. I've got magazines with #5s and #8s and they all work flawlessly. I've heard #6s and #7s had some problems, but no experience with them.

There are different follower number progressions for each caliber as far as I know. The only exception would be the high capacity magazine bodies that are limited to 10 rounds. The smaller magazines like for the G27 and G26 have the same basic design as high-cap mags, just with a shorter body. For .40 10 round magazines, they have 40/10 followers and 40/10 - 1(with the one being in a seperate place on the follower). The 40/10 - 1 are the latest I know of for those. I don't know a whole lot about limited capacity magazines, never had experience with them.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Best rule of thumb for followers is, regardless of whatever number yours may be, if they work dependably, keep using them. No need to switch out (except if you're talking about 10-round mags.).