Folks who have had kidney stones.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

I’ve had three many years ago. Right now I’ve got an intermittent pain in my left side that won’t go away and doesn’t feel like any muscle pain I’ve had. Been going on for 3 days.

It’s on the same side my other 3 stones were.

Is it possible I’m passing a stone? I haven’t noticed any blood in my urine..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  2. dartor

dartor

Chug lots of water, may be stones.

RichardB and Detectorist like this.

3. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

4. nursetim

nursetim

Maybe it’s a tumor? You never know. My mommy says go to the doctor and she’s always right. :wavey:

Badazuwanme2b, M7425 and Stevekozak like this.
  5. Detectorist

Detectorist

If it keeps hurting, I will.

nursetim likes this.
  6. Captain Steinbrenner

Captain Steinbrenner

May God have mercy of your soul....kidney stones are worse than watching the Democrats debate..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happyguy and 9jeeps like this.
  7. Detectorist

Detectorist

So far I’m OK. Not too much pain so far.

Captain Steinbrenner likes this.
  8. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

If you have had 3 previous stones before, and do not know if this is a familiar pain, then you are not a good learner. It is a very distinctive experience.

9. M7425

M7425

Kidney stone related pain is very uncomfortable...a former medical director once called it the closest a male can come to active child birth.

The pain typically starts in a patient’s back to the left or right of the vertebrae near the union of the bottom rib. Radiation of the pain is often reported around the same side of the body to the lower area of the abdomen. Patients typically do not find any positional relief, e.g.: sitting or laying down.

Does your pain get worse with movement (standing, bending forward to reach a low object, turning your torso)? Any recent unusual physical activity (moving furniture or appliances, working in an odd position), or trauma to the area?

10. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Any pain not associated with sex or a great middle aged sporting moment I don’t wait and go see the doctor.

Badazuwanme2b likes this.
  11. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I've had them in the past and have them now. See your Urologist asap. tom. :fred:

JArthurD likes this.
  12. R9S19

R9S19

13. DAKA

DAKA

I had was very, bad....after a few hours in the middle of the night, it got extremely unbearable, called my dad, a physician he told me to go to the local hospital, sounds like a kidney stone, we had 2 small kids, so I drove over to the hospital, as I pulled into the parking lot the pain started to subside...I waited in the car, pain stopped....so I thought, what should I do....go into the hospital and tell them I had intense pain that was now gone? Went across the street to a diner, had breakfast, went home, showered, drove to work...never happened again?? What was that?

14. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

Yup. Doctor visit.

I hate going too but have learned the hard way not to wait on these things any longer than necessary.

If nothing else, trust @nursetim’s mother!

15. Detectorist

Detectorist

No change due to position. Drank lots of water tonight. Hopefully it will get better and just pass through.

16. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I've never had them but my brother in law did...I never laughed so much in a long time.

jimcorbin likes this.
  17. Pack26

Pack26

Earlier this year, I went to the doctor about pain in my lower left abdomen. MRI revealed a stone deemed to large to pass. I had outpatient surgery to have it removed. Later on my Doc had me do two twenty-four hour urine collections to determine the cause / composition of the stone. The test said I had too much calcium and recommend I drink filtered water and lemonade for the citric acid benefits. I hope all goes well with you.

18. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

I never felt anything until it was already in my bladder....

I kept having this weird burning feeling when I pissed. Then it got lodged in the right side ureter. Holy ****. There is no way to move, no position that helps, no nothing til they hit me with the dilaudid in the emergency room.

The one I had was the size of a large pea, and covered in spikes. Looked like a cockulburr. It wouldn't pass, so they had to surgically remove it. No incisions, they went through my, well, I will leave that for y'all to figure out.

Afterwards, they had to put in a stent so the blood clot didn't plug me up, and I was awake when they took that out. Not fun.

Victor Dubya likes this.
  19. gTWO

gTWO

The one I had, I passed some blood a few days before, had slight small-of-the-back pain. I just ignored it.

A few days later, it blocked my ureter *completely*, and I was in high pain.
    I could have driven to the hospital, but had the wife do it. They thought I would have permanent kidney damage from the blockage, but I lucked out.

It was 10mm x 9mm, and TWO lithotripsies didn't even touch it. After 6 weeks (SIX!) they went up with a laser, and dragged pieces out with grabbers.

I haven't had one in the intervening 10 years...

20. JHCJR

JHCJR

My wife said it hurt worse than childbirth