Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Folks who claim to be, when they're not

69K views 734 replies 95 participants last post by  dac1204 
#1 · (Edited)
So, it seems there's yet another one who says he's one of us, but isn't. After searching for his username thru 7 pages of Google, because he claimed to be a member of three other LE boards, I can only conclude the following:

He uses a different username for those boards, or

Doesn't have enough posts in those boards to be statistically significant enough to be included in the Google search, or

He's not a sworn law enforcement officer.

Further anecdotal evidence includes the same username and location used on multiple forums. Also, wouldn't a cop know about how a bench warrant is issued, and not ask a forum for divorced fathers, much less be forced to call multiple agencies to check on the aforementioned warrant? Hell, I'm just a jail officer, and can answer that question.

Anyway, I hereby request an official ORI check from said individual ... :whistling:

ADDED ON 11/18 -

Upon request...forward to page 26 if you don't wish to read the entire thread. Someone gets busted out, pics and all.

See less See more
#10 ·
So does an appearance on a national TV show - (shameless plug alert)

I had some camera time on this past week's episode of Lockup. Actually, I've been in every episode thus far, but my "interview" was on this week's show.
PM me with the info. I'd really like to check that out.

I don't watch lockup or anything like that on my own, I've lived it enough ;)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#11 ·
#13 · (Edited)
#14 ·
#16 · (Edited)
To my knowledge the person in question has claimed simply to be a "Deputy". That would include the position of Deputy Jailer which is most likely what he is.

He exhibits the classic Disgruntled Deputy Jailer attitude with a chip on his shoulder about road officers. I have seen that behavior on a number of forums where instead of clarifying their position they instead remain vague simply claiming to be a "LEO" or a "Deputy" and while they are often indeed both they try to make it seem as though they are a road officer.

In much of the South Deputy Jailers are full sworn full time LEO's. there is no difference in their full time fully sworn status. the only difference is where they are assigned.

Edit to add- it is not at all uncommon in rural areas in the South for Deputy Jailers to also get some road time now and then to fill in when there is a need.

#17 ·
I just want to show up to this thread.

#18 ·
#20 ·
Some places a county sheriff and deputies are just a process server for the court and maintains the jail. They may or may not have any power of arrest. A person saying they are a "deputy" may mean all they do is serve court orders. They may wear a uniform or maybe not, they may be armed or not, they may have arrest powers or maybe not. The county will also have sheriff police which are the actual LE for the county. 2 completely different offices with 2 completely different roles.
Someone saying they are a sheriff's deputy is like someone saying they are an auxilary or reserve. Unless you know what the statutory role is of sheriff's deputy (same as with auxilary or reserve) they may or may not be a sworn LEO.

#21 ·
Just so you can claim to be a poster no doubt!

:tongueout::rofl:

Well, if you paid attention you would know I was a, that thing, you are talking about. I was there...at some point. Like that. My Astronaut buddies, stuff. You know.

Take that.

#22 ·
Some places a county sheriff and deputies are just a process server for the court and maintains the jail. They may or may not have any power of arrest. A person saying they are a "deputy" may mean all they do is serve court orders. They may wear a uniform or maybe not, they may be armed or not, they may have arrest powers or maybe not. The county will also have sheriff police which are the actual LE for the county. 2 completely different offices with 2 completely different roles.
Someone saying they are a sheriff's deputy is like someone saying they are an auxilary or reserve. Unless you know what the statutory role is of sheriff's deputy (same as with auxilary or reserve) they may or may not be a sworn LEO.
I dont know what is true but he will NOT answer the question "Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?" He flat out wont answer. He will say he WAS *sworn* and a Deputy.

His language is carefully crafted and vague.

#24 ·
That needs to be unlocked asap! Too much fun to make it stop.... :crying:
Won't be reopened.

Threads like that are troll-magnets once members of law enforcement join in the discussion. Trolls have one goal. They want to draw the other side into pissing contests. Then they hope to get someone so upset they violate the rules and earn an infraction or get the thread closed.

And, honestly, some of you trip all over your own feet rushing to fulfill the trolls' dreams. Yeah, sometimes it's very hard not to, right?

As to whether someone is credentialed or not, hey, they usually trip up sooner or later.

It is funny that going up their storybook ladder, every time challenged they up their experience and qualifications.

#25 ·
I've scoured the thread for about 8 seconds, but since I have my posts per page set higher than default, I'm not sure who we're talking about.

A little help...
Starts in posts around the 170s and goes from there...

#26 ·
A curiously worded post on another forum:
I own 12 firearms, 3 of which are an AK-47, AR-15, and Mini-14...all high-powered rifles. Every day when I wake up, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be getting into a shootout with police. How? I don't go around shooting at people.
Interesting that is his reason for not shooting at police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.