close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fobus Compact holster or Blackhawk serpa holster for g22

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by rome2240sw, Jun 6, 2010.

1. rome2240sw

rome2240sw GLOCKIN4LIFE

Since i have no experience with holsters for a glock i was looking for help. I was looking into the two paddle holsters stated above as a carry holster for my g22. I was looking to only buy one of the above and I thought i come here to see whats the best choice. As for me, i kinda have my mind set on the Fobus Compact holster but i have heard good and bad things about them. More bad things then good about the Blackhawk Serpa line. so if you have any info drop me a comment. thanks.

p.s. if anyone has a RH Fobus Compact holster for g22 that they are looking to sale PM me or comment with price. The holster has to be the one for the G22 since that is what i carry.

2. The Expert

The Expert

I can't speak for the Blackhawk! but I do have a Fobus. It works well but I do admit that my gun "rattles" around a bit when I'm walking up stairs. It has irritated me enough that I don't use it too much anymore. I go with a premium leather holster now.

3. rome2240sw

rome2240sw GLOCKIN4LIFE

as far as leather holsters go i have really been looking at the Bianchi holsters. They have a decent look as well as a variety of styles to choose from. IMO I think the fobus holsters are fairly good for those who arent too active and who do less moving than others. As far as the blackhawk goes, i have been at the range to personally see someone who could not undue his gun from his holster... i believe his lever was jammed up or something in that line.

4. kendric98

kendric98

Honestly i have both holsters and like them about equally. It really depends on what there used for. For instance for on duty work or open carry the serpa rules as long as the holster is matched to the gun to avoid finish wear. The Fobus conceals better with a light coat and is more comfy imo.However if there for concealed carry the two of them will both print so go with a crossbreed supertuck.