Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the options out there for a very fine fiber optic front sight and a blacked out rear?

Seems like everything I find is tritium or priced the same as tritium. Really wanting something to give me a finer point of aim.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
What are the options out there for a very fine fiber optic front sight and a blacked out rear?

Seems like everything I find is tritium or priced the same as tritium. Really wanting something to give me a finer point of aim.
Probably Dawson will be your best bet.
They have the largest selection of heights and widths on the market.
Their Competition rear sight looks good on a Glock slide and you have a nice selection of front sights to go with it.

Bench your gun, so you know your heights for your POA/POI.
Do the math or hope for good luck :)

I was buying sights for an X-Five and wanted to have something similar to my STI Edge sights. They are a fine, fiber optic target sight system.
This is just an example of the numbers you MAY end up with :
Front
.180T___.100W
Rear
.200T___.115W

If you go too tall with your rear, your delicate, skinny fiber optic front will also have to be tall. This is not a good condition, as you can well imagine.
Therefore a .200T (tall) rear is a good starting point.

My measurements are "above the slide".
Beware of manufacturers that include the depth of the dovetail cut in sight height.
Glock does that !

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Dawson if you want a plain serrated rear and FO front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the info. I have a set of Dawson precision coming for my G31.
May end up trying the Ameriglo sights on my Glock 19. I have TFX pro sights on it now but I just feel they cover up too much when I’m shooting steel at 50 yards and longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts