Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
it looks really interesting, if i wasn't saving up for a 90-Two i'd think abut buying it

just going on the outside i like the multi notch rail (because streamlight never makes exactly the correct key for every handgun) USP style safety or decocker?,redesigned magazine release, diffrent grip texture, and finally a ambi slide release!

looking forward to the video review!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Huh, I though they didn't end up use the FNX name and keep calling the new one FNP. Thanks for the pictures. Now I can tell FN somewhat keep the design but most parts are slightly different.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I really like the FNP and wouldnt mind having one. It's obvious from a mechanical standpoint that it borrows from the Steyr M.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
I'm not familiar with the differences between the two (FNP v FNX). Can someone point them out? Is the FNX an improvement over the FNP? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I'm not familiar with the differences between the two (FNP v FNX). Can someone point them out? Is the FNX an improvement over the FNP? Thanks.
Looks like the safety/decocker is no longer a bent metal lever? Now its more like the FNP45 with a polymer switch/lever.

The grip and beaver tail is more like the FNP45 also vs the old FNP9.

Overall it looks like they basically shrunk down the FNP45 to a 9mm/40cal version which is a good thing because I really like the FNP45 looks.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Looks like the safety/decocker is no longer a bent metal lever? Now its more like the FNP45 with a polymer switch/lever.

The grip and beaver tail is more like the FNP45 also vs the old FNP9.

Overall it looks like they basically shrunk down the FNP45 to a 9mm/40cal version which is a good thing because I really like the FNP45 looks.
Pretty much sums it up. A scaled down FNP 45.
The differences between the FNX and FNP:

The rail,
The safety/decocker(the slide can be locked back with the safety engaged), 17+1 for the FNX 16+1 for the FNP,
4 interchangeable palm swells(2 slim, 2 medium, rough and smooth texture).
Also supposed lower bore axis.

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
I've never seen the insides of either, thanks for the pictures! This makes me want one now.

Edit: The bore axis does look slightly lower and it looks like that's because the part of the locking block that the barrel engages sits lower in the frame. A fraction of an inch, not even a big fraction.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.