Glock Talk banner

FNS Pistols

866 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DWARREN123 
#1 ·
Is anyone carrying FNS pistols? If so, what are your impressions? We're going to transition to the FNS-9 in a few months and, as an instructor and user, I'd like to know what to expect. (That said, I think we may be the first agency to issue that particular weapon.) We have talked to Baltimore County PD which issues the FNS-40 long slide and Columbia (SC) PD which issues/issued the FNS-40, but is supposedly going to Glocks. Reviews were generally OK. Thanks and be safe.

#2 ·
Interesting. Sorry can't help you on the experience of using FNS-9 as duty guns. They looked nice at Shot Show. FN must have cut you'll a really good deal. You'll very well could be the first agency using them.

#4 ·
We were set to go with the M&P, but the FNH distributor lowered his price to match the S&W distributor. The FNS-9 was selected after multiple officers fired a variety of pistols. I don't know if the FNS was the most popular pistol, but those who liked it rated it very highly. The weight of those scores led to the selection of the FNS. Granted, we were testing .40's before the decision was made to go with 9mm. By the way, I was not involved in the design of the evaluation protocol.

fish, we have a FNS-9C in for evaluation. You may find the magazine release difficult to operate. I believe this is intended for concealment purposes. If I purchase one as an off-duty/back-up pistol, I will have the magazine release swapped out for one from a full-size pistol. We also opted for no manual safety. That said, I may opt for a Glock 19 as an off-duty weapon.

#5 ·
I'll be interested in your eval of the 9C. I saw one at the range today. Love at first feel. I'm thinking of one for off duty and retirement (2 yrs away) carry. By the way, Hickock .45 likes the Compact.

#6 ·
I liked the Compact with the exception of the magazine release. The angled magazine made it comfortable to shoot. The flat bottom magazine didn't seem any worse than a G-26/27/33. It also comes with a seventeen round magazine (well, not here in Maryland, it doesn't). I lean toward the FNS-9 Compact for compatibility among duty/OD-BU magazines, but toward the G-19 for capacity.
Some of our plainclothes Street Crime officers really liked the Compact which I imagine they would since they're now packing SIG 226R's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.