Glock Talk banner

Fng

296 Views 11 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  17445
Wondered if there was a portion of GT for bikers...now I know.

Just picked up my first bike ever, '07 XL1200N. I think I'm in love :cool:.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

38,308 Posts
silverado_mick;15121072 said:
Wondered if there was a portion of GT for bikers...now I know.

Just picked up my first bike ever, '07 XL1200N. I think I'm in love :cool:.
Congratulations, when you getting a real man's bike and move up to the Street Glide?

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lawman800;15126866 said:
Congratulations, when you getting a real man's bike and move up to the Street Glide?

I think the next one's gonna be a dyna, but I'm not sure. Have your ridden the newer EFI Sporties lately? Gobs of power and with the Nighster being as low and stiff as it is, not for the faint of butt. Put 160 miles on yesterday and thought my ass was going to fall off :rofl:.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lawman800;15128159 said:
Yes. My friend has an 08 Nightster. I like it. But I need more long haul and cargo capabilities. Btw, just giving you a hard time. I have an 03 1200 Sportster XLC.
It's perfect for me to go back and forth to work and court on, and to ride in town on the reare occasion I get the chance to enjoy some nightlife.

I can understand why you'd need bags and a windshield and such...gotta keep your sensitive skin from getting chapped and have someplace to store your multiple sweater vests. :tongueout:

38,308 Posts
silverado_mick;15135870 said:
It's perfect for me to go back and forth to work and court on, and to ride in town on the reare occasion I get the chance to enjoy some nightlife.

I can understand why you'd need bags and a windshield and such...gotta keep your sensitive skin from getting chapped and have someplace to store your multiple sweater vests. :tongueout:
Night life? Surely you don't mean any alcohol while you ride, do you? I don't have so much as one sip of alcohol if I am riding. I do know a few guys who drink the same as they do on a bike or in a car and I think that is just plain suicidal.

As for carrying stuff, I hate not being able to have at least a cardigan, a sweater vest, a light jacket, some sunglasses, tight tee shirt, socks, and spare underwear. You never know.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lawman800;15146315 said:
Night life? Surely you don't mean any alcohol while you ride, do you? I don't have so much as one sip of alcohol if I am riding. I do know a few guys who drink the same as they do on a bike or in a car and I think that is just plain suicidal.

As for carrying stuff, I hate not being able to have at least a cardigan, a sweater vest, a light jacket, some sunglasses, tight tee shirt, socks, and spare underwear. You never know.
No drinking and riding for me either buddy, but I'll have a coke and hang with friends at a dive bar or two while I'm out.

As for your sweater vest, is that to giard against those narrow cold fronts that come through LA?

38,308 Posts
silverado_mick;15149529 said:
No drinking and riding for me either buddy, but I'll have a coke and hang with friends at a dive bar or two while I'm out.

As for your sweater vest, is that to giard against those narrow cold fronts that come through LA?
Sweater vests or any vest in general is awesome for those times when your arms aren't cold but your torso is. You know, it can happen. It's the same concept as those that wear a big leather jacket or parka with shorts.

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lawman800;15149545 said:
Sweater vests or any vest in general is awesome for those times when your arms aren't cold but your torso is. You know, it can happen. It's the same concept as those that wear a big leather jacket or parka with shorts.

I'm skinny and if my torso is cold rest assured so are my appendages. I never got the parka and shorts thing either. I can see you in a leather vest and assless chaps though, definitely something you would wear out, along with the obligatory leather cap and nipple clamps :tongueout:.

38,308 Posts
silverado_mick;15149648 said:
I can see you in a leather vest and assless chaps though, definitely something you would wear out, along with the obligatory leather cap and nipple clamps :tongueout:.
Ummm... this ain't that kind of forum... stop having the "Blue Oyster Bar" fantasies about me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts