close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fnfalman: Rockster mirror question

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Compy, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

I'm looking to replace the POS mirrors on my 919 and I think the Rockster mirrors would work perfect. Do you know what thread pitch they use and what do you think of them in general? Do they shake at all?

I appreciate the help.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I don't know what thread pitch they are because it's a real pain in the you-know-what to loosen up that damn mirror and have to retighten it all over again. And frankly, that's one thing on the Rockster that could use some improvements. It's better than, say, a Ducati sport bike's mirror, but otherwise the view is rather limited. Lots of Rockster owners switch them out for the rectangular ones that other BMWs have.

If you are going to replace the mirrors on your Honda then might as well go through the hassle of putting those elongated rectangular ones on. They'll give you a much wider field of view. Besides, would you rather pay whatever a mirror cost at Cycle Gear or would you want to pay for what BMW "thinks" that their mirrors are worth?:laughabove:

3. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Thanks for the info. After looking around, it seems like the K1200R mirrors are even better and larger. Now I just need to find a place to buy them. Bikebandit doesn't have any OEM parts listings for '06 BMWs yet. Any suggestions? There are no BMW dealers up here.

Money really isn't much of an issue. I'm going to spend what it takes to solve the problem. Right now these mirrors are friggin useless. I can't see a damn thing behind me because they vibrate too much. Not being able to see what is behind me, especially when changing lanes, scares the crap out of me.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It