Glock Talk banner

FN15 Model 1776 - are you a patriot?

3182 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  cyphertext
http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/carbines/fn-15-series/fn15-1776/

No detachable carrying handle, no front sight and plastic mag instead of FN steel mag. I wonder how much cheaper this sucker is when compared to the FN15 Carbine?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Come on man!!
20,165 Posts
http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/carbines/fn-15-series/fn15-1776/

No detachable carrying handle, no front sight and plastic mag instead of FN steel mag. I wonder how much cheaper this sucker is when compared to the FN15 Carbine?
I'm so patriotic that my kids call me Captain America and my turds even come out Red, White, and Blue but that rifle does absolutely nothing for me.

Perhaps if the blood of dead ISIS ****bags was dripping from it or Chuck Norris had personally touched it, maybe, but until then it's just another crappy design.

Carbine length gas + heavy barrel + no sights = corny.

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Doesn't appeal to me, but it's pretty much the same as s&w's OR (optics ready) carbine, which was my first rifle. Back in the day, I new nothing about ar's and was short on cash (college student). So it was my first black rifle. Did what it was supposed to, ate all the cheap commie ammo I would feed it, and get pretty decent groups for the money. So I'm no longer interested is a bare bones ar, but there's a market for it, if it's priced right. So at 550-650 bucks, it may get some sold. More than that? Good luck, Bc it's a competitive market

· Banned
42,095 Posts
I'm so patriotic that my kids call me Captain America and my turds even come out Red, White, and Blue but that rifle does absolutely nothing for me.

Perhaps if the blood of dead ISIS ****bags was dripping from it or Chuck Norris had personally touched it, maybe, but until then it's just another crappy design.

Carbine length gas + heavy barrel + no sights = corny.
Boom, done.

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
I have no interest in running an optic, so it does nothing for me.

However. Another AR to the market hurts nothing but leftist's feelings. So Yaaaaaaay.

· Banned
42,095 Posts
If I'm seeing it right, that rifle makes no sense. Unlike an S&W OR, you can't mount a front sight to the gas block. It's basically a cut down FSB. So you have no way to mount iron sights to that rifle.
It's marketed to basement-dwelling neckbeards who will slap a Walmart red dot on, run a box of Tula through it, and declare themselves defenders of freedom.

· Banned
63,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has a MSRP of $899... I think that is a bit high based on what you are getting here. Have to see what it really sells for before forming my opinion.
That means real life pricing would be closer to $700-750.

Most people have zero need nor want for the carrying handle and they always wanted to put their own rear sights on the guns anyway. I am concerned about the lack of picatinny rail for the front sight though. Unless the photo on FN's website is wrong, that is.

Of course nowadays, people can mount those fancy extended rail thingiemajig on the gun and then there would be no issue with not having rail to mount a front sight to.

I think that the FN15 Carbine is MSRP for like $1150 but normally sold for $950. I'm fairly certain that I paid for my FN15 Carbine $950 out the door a couple of years back. Or was it last year when it first came out? Tempus fugit.

· Registered
4,272 Posts
That means real life pricing would be closer to $700-750.

Most people have zero need nor want for the carrying handle and they always wanted to put their own rear sights on the guns anyway. I am concerned about the lack of picatinny rail for the front sight though. Unless the photo on FN's website is wrong, that is.

Of course nowadays, people can mount those fancy extended rail thingiemajig on the gun and then there would be no issue with not having rail to mount a front sight to.

I think that the FN15 Carbine is MSRP for like $1150 but normally sold for $950. I'm fairly certain that I paid for my FN15 Carbine $950 out the door a couple of years back. Or was it last year when it first came out? Tempus fugit.
At $700, it may still be too high, as the M&P 15 Sport and the Ruger AR556 are less than that and come with sights... But with the low profile gas block, the FN is ready to be free floated right out of the box, and it gives features that both the Sport and Ruger are missing... good to have more choices in the market!

· Banned
63,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At $700, it may still be too high, as the M&P 15 Sport and the Ruger AR556 are less than that and come with sights... But with the low profile gas block, the FN is ready to be free floated right out of the box, and it gives features that both the Sport and Ruger are missing... good to have more choices in the market!
Not to mention that it's an FN and not a Ruger or a SW.

· NRA Life Member
75,681 Posts
The $899 MSRP looks pretty good. I don't see a problem with it. An AR is an AR and, in most cases, paying a bundle for one is a sign that you don't know much about guns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.