close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FN ps90... Should I or should I NOT?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by skippz, Feb 25, 2010.

1. skippz

skippz

That is the question... I've been rolling this over & over & one half tells me its a gimmick gun and one half tells me it will be a blast to shoot & a good decision in the gun-nut world... what do u guys think?

2. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Owned one, sold it. Gimmick gun. Fun for a while. No real use. Fun to shoot though.

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Looks hella fun, but lowish on my personal to-get list.

4. groovyash

groovyash

Got to try out a P90 for T&E, and it was a neat gun, handled well, did everything I'd want in a CQB weapon. But neither the department, nor me personally can justify stocking another caliber. I would consider SBRing a PS90 for personal use but the niche caliber just makes it a not worth it to me. If the Magpul PDR ever comes to fruition and doesn't take an ACR turn I would probably grab one up in a second.

5. skippz

skippz

so basically I should just hold onto my lr308 for the time being?

6. JasonNC

JasonNC CREATOR

I love the PS90 and think it defiantly can fill a slot in anyone's collection. I personally love bullpups and the PS 90 has a permanent home in my collection.

The 5.7 rounds can be found for less than $20 per 50. It's hard to same the same for even .223 now. Especially high quality ballistic ammo like your getting from FN. This caliber as caught on better than most expected. They had a pile of it at Bass Pro Shop today when I was there.

7. socmguy

socmguy

I love the PS90. I have an AR Five seveN and absolutely love the control and accuracy the round gives. I've been looking for a deal on a PS90 for a while now. Can't beat 50rd magazines either!

8. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin

Eh, I don't consider it to be a "gimmick", I think it definetely has a place. The guys handloading this cartridge are getting serious numbers out of this little round, and still maintaining same chamber pressures. As for the factory loads, they are still pretty decent. I say jump on board, I seriously doubt you would regret purchasing.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

I vote yes as well, it's a great little carbine. Never a single issue from mine after the last 1 1/2 year. I have a compact ACOG mounted with a few other additions and it's a gem of a carbine IMO. FN 50 round mags are darn cheap now as well so jump on board!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  10. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Waste of money and time don't bother. The round is anemic.
    Pat

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  11. GlockSupremacy

GlockSupremacy Recycle Kids!

For me it is dpms vs. fn.... Yeah, id be getting a new firearm.

Best of luck! :)

12. space_weazel

space_weazel

I really like mine, it doesn't get shot a lot, but I bring it every time I'm introducing a new shooter, for me it's more of a conversation piece and really cool. Every time I want to buy a new toy and don't have the money yet, I think about selling it, then I go pull it out and it gives me this look, and I don't know I just can't let it go.
    [​IMG]

13. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PS90 v LR308?? What's next, a thread asking of you should get the new Converse All Stars or a surf board instead?

14. ronin.45

ronin.45

I like the round and the gun is intrigueing. Last I checked ammo was around $750 a case. That is about the same as decent .223 right now so you can't hold that against it. I may get one someday.

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I would love to have one if nothing else for the sheer portability and pointability of the weapon. Alas, it will never come to fruition in the People's Republic of Kommiefornistan so I can only hope that someday we will be liberated and enjoy the same freedoms as you to have the option to mull over whether or not to buy one.

16. blhar15

blhar15

They are cool and fun to shoot, but as a practical gun, I don't think they fit. They are a novelty item.

17. skippz

skippz

SAY WHAT!!! Not sure I get that reply but okay I think I will hold onto the dpms for atleast awhile and maybe later if the banks allow grab a fnp90

18. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

For a small women/child it might be a nice expensive rifle. Lots of fire power with 50 round magazines. You can even get a matching pistol. it is an small round.... but what are ya gonna use it for?? I would say standardize you calibers for the family. I would stay with a 5.56.......but thats JMHO

19. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

see above +10 :wavey:

20. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

He's saying that making a choice between a small compact PDW and a big heavy long range precision rifle is sorta incongruous.

Personally, it happens all the time when you are on a limited budget and like a few different things. I have to decide between buying a new gun or get new gear for my motorcycle all the time. New revolver or new boots? New AR-15 or new leather suit? Stock up on ammo or a new helmet?