Flying with handguns

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by crazyrec12, Jan 31, 2010.

1. crazyrec12

crazyrec12 cornbread

So I got up early this morning in Austin to catch my flight to Atlanta, headed to the airport extra early because I had never flown with a handgun so I was a little unsure of how long the process would actually take.

So I get to the counter, give the front desk my id and ticket and say I'd like to declare a firearm. She gives me the form I sign and date it and go to put it in my pelican case, and hear two ladies to my left saying..." why would anyone have a handgun....that's so scary!!" I turn look to my left and shake my head no and say " No it's not scary it's a RIGHT" She turns to her friend and says, " I hope he's not on our flight"

What's wrong with people that the simple mention of a firearm sends them running :faint:

2. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

3. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

Next time loook them square in the eyes and say "submit unto SATAN".

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.:crazy::tempted:

4. irish_ironsight

irish_ironsight

You don't like gun's...."THEN NEVER CALL A COP"

5. Scott3670

Scott3670

The last time I flew with a gun it was secured in a nice Galco Jackass shoulder holster under my suit coat. I was treated like royalty by the flight crew and the attendants were very kind and supportive. Ah the privileges of that job...

6. TexanRon

TexanRon Come 'n Take It

As a UT grad and frequent visitor to "Berkley on the Brazos" I just could NOT live there. When I go visit it is astounding to notice the number of Obama bumper stickers and various "world peace" "I hate W", etc. Travis County was the only county to go Obama in central Texas. Get out now! Great Tex-Mex, though.

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

:rofl:

I had DAMN NEAR the same experience a few years ago (lady and her husband). I posted it here.

Damn skippy I'm a gonna go try to find it! :rofl:

'Drew

8. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Should've told her you have a handgun because a cop wouldn't fit in your luggage!!:rofl:

9. crazyrec12

crazyrec12 cornbread

@ pawdog :rofl:

That's exactly what I should have done

10. Aces and 8s

Aces and 8s Dead Mans Hand

Some people kids...

"I hope hes not on our flight"

Jesus, I just dont understand some people.

11. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member

one time the ticket counter attendant made the comment "why would any one travel with a gun"

12. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

And people wonder why I think it would be good if a good portion of the population were flushed. Some people are too stupid to live.

13. KenBGlock19

KenBGlock19 SEMPER PARATUS

Are you a FAM?

14. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Any Fed LEO can fly with a gun, as can most police chiefs (you need a letter from your chief if you are an lowly cop stating your need to fly armed, and you need to take the flying while armed course); as can (as it was revealed in the news recently with leaked TSA documents) certain state officials are exempt from security screenings.

Also, he could be talking about a charter flight. I've flown post 911 on charter flights armed.

'Drew

15. dahahn

dahahn

I had this same thing happen to me. I was flying home to Minneapolis from Indianapolis (seeing family) and I checked my FNP9M. They had a pretty good system at Indy when it came to checking weapons: they had me sign the card, put it with the locked case in my bag, and they sent it through x-ray. I didn't have to go through TSA, anything.

Anyway, I get to Detroit and these 2 guys sit next to me in the airport bar. One of them says "hey, don't you have a gun?" to which I didn't respond. It's none of their business. The guy on his other side said "yeah, I saw him check a gun. I was prepared to take him down if anything happened."

I have flown with guns since and never run into that. I was asked once in Ft. Wayne why I chose .45 (a USP CT) by a woman looking around at guns she herself could carry, and we chatted for a sec. Otherwise the TSA in Minneapolis is very professional, and very courteous. I've never been treated like I was by those 2 guys in Detroit. A-holes.

16. KenBGlock19

KenBGlock19 SEMPER PARATUS

Nice. I knew from working in charter that we can allow firearms w/ 11lbs of ammo per passenger, but wasn't fully aware of the Fed/Chief deal with firearms.

17. Dragunov54

Dragunov54 7.62 x 54R

crazyrec12,

The person who made the statement of "why would anyone have a handgun...that's so scary!!" is a complete idiot. Good for you in correcting morons like that. I find it a waste of time if I have to explain my rights to idiotic people.