Floyd's death NOT strangulation autopsy reveals....

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Kuroineko, May 29, 2020.

1. spork

spork Caffeinator

I wonder if this is being done in order to protect assets from being taken in a civil case (I am just spitballing here, maybe it doesn't even matter and the assets could be forfeit in a civil case anyway).

buddyd157 and Sam Spade like this.
  2. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

The safety of anyone in your custody is your responsibly. The thought process being that if they are cuffed, they cannot protect themselves.

3. Lampshade

Lampshade

Its abundantly clear you don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

The fact that you cite cardiopulmonary arrest in one instance and asphyxiation in another tells us everything we need to know about your level of knowledge.

Every death is from cardiopulmonary arrest. That's how people die.

The two reports describe exactly the same thing.... Floyd was restrained in a manner which compromised his circulation and killed him.

This was literally explained to you back on pages 5 and 6. The autopsies confirm this. You lack to knowledge to comprehend what you are reading.

The only real difference is the county coroner cited pre-existing conditions as being a contributing factor and the private autopsy did not.

czsmithGT likes this.
  4. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Hello, who is justifying not turning him. I’m explaining to you there is a risk. A high risk if he is faking and the officer is not careful.
    You might understand the medical side of things but not the safety side . People fake “passing out” and “I can’t breathe “ all the time. We still turn him on his side but there is a risk in doing so. That’s what you don’t understand. The prisoner is “unresponsive “. A prisoner will fake it , sometimes just for the trip to the hospital so they don’t sit in a jail cell as they get tested and treated. It is a common tactic among the criminals here. A cop and the public just had to be aware of that. It doesn’t mean the cop doesn’t turn him on his side but has to be aware of the danger.

5. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

It won’t protect martial asssts when the act occurred from the lawsuits but will prevent her for having to share responsibility for his criminal defense lawyer bills. Not all unions give lawyer coverage in such matters. And if they both declare bankruptcy, it increases the assets that can be protected. She gets a house protects. He gets a place of residence protects if not in jail etc etc.

6. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Sure ok.

7. Lampshade

Lampshade

Sharkey explicitly, and grabbrass to a lesser degree.

I understand the safety side. I'm a medic. I'm regularly involved in restraining and caring for restrained patients.

There's no justifying the way these officers handled this restraint. Period.

Yes, there is a risk. That's part of the job, for both a cop and a medic. The way these officers acted was completely negligent and that can't be justified because there was some theoretical risk to them acting in a non negligent manner.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    pblanc and Deanster like this.
  8. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

The beginning was fine. It was the one cop holding him in that position was the problem.?He could have just turned him when he complained and wasn’t resisting and he would have been fine.

9. Lampshade

Lampshade

Yes, it was fine until they did all the things that weren't fine. Brilliant observation.

10. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Yes, when they were a restraining him as a team, it was fine. It was the one who put the knee on him and held it was the problem. The other 3 may have various degrees of culpability and a legit defense.

11. cbetts1

cbetts1

12. cbetts1

cbetts1

13. Repeat

Repeat

Here in Las Vegas, the Review Journal posts pics of who has been arrested. Why is such a large percentage of them are black ? Why is it that African Americans make up 13% of the American population, and our prisons are filled with them ? Why is it that black on white crime is never discussed. Perhaps there is some racism in the system, but not enough to account for more than a very small portion of it. I am certainly not a racist. I'm certainly no fool either. We can argue about why this is all day long - but you certainly can't argue with those facts. And to imply someone is racist if they mention it, is down right ignorant. The overwhelming amount of crime committed by the black community just gets a pass ? Why ? You want to blame oppression ? What else can we in the white community do to help ? We've done affirmative action - preferential loans - college acceptance...etc... No ! At some point you're gonna' have to stop crying racism and man up to the truth. There is, and always has been a huge problem with crime in the black community. Black on white crime ticks me off big time, but that don't make me a racist. How many black people hate white people ? Oh, but that's ok isn't it ?! And actually it is - Racism is not a crime. In fact, it's an individual right, unless it's the basis for refusing employment, housing, etc...

EDIT: I agree with you 100% in regards to the Officer charged - I don't care how much drugs was in his system. He kneeled on his neck, even after he passed out. The defense will scream drugs did it, but it's not going to fly. This cop will be found guilty. I don't think it had anything to do with racism though. I see rich vs poor a bigger type of discrimination than any to be honest.

14. Sharkey

Sharkey

In a past post you said it wasn't about the knee. Now you post it is. Which is it? You probably meant to write Chauvin didnt flip him on his side after he became non responsive. C'mon, you are a clinician medic, get it right. Start talking about positional asphyxia again. How can you say the pre existing conditions don't matter? If Floyd was reasonably healthy, didn't ingest illicit drugs, wasn't intoxicated and wasn't combative, he would be alive today despite the knee Chauvin used. Of course if he wasn't combative, I doubt Chauvin would have used a knee and placed Floyd in a prone position. Heck they tried to place him in the squad but that no workee.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

15. Sharkey

Sharkey

Yeah well you also forgot the part of my post that mentioned the use of illegal drugs as going hand in hand with ExDS as being a factor. Besides, how many M.E. in the country list that as the actual cause of death? What we do KNOW is that the knee to the neck you just mentioned a couple of posts ago and what initially created the uproar did NOT kill Floyd. The ME tends to be a bit more specific to cause of death right? Shouldn't you know that? ExDS is a way to explain why subjects die in custody and Floyd still fits that pattern. It is funny you accuse me of the very thing you are doing. I don't need to measure anything. Hell, I am not trying to one up you, I just disagree with you. I continue to be quite clear in my replies and try not to be a tool about it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

16. Lampshade

Lampshade

Go ahead and quote what I actually sad.

I've said I don't think that the knee was the single cause of death. I've also said I don't think the criminal case hinges on whether the knee specifically killed him.

I've been quite clear that I think prone restraint, exacerbated by compression of the chest and neck killed him.

This grows tiresome, responding to people who can barely read at a high school level.

Noo... I meant what I wrote. That keeping your knee on a proned prisoner's neck for 3 minutes is an intentional act. Not sure what you find unclear about that statement.

Because his pre existing conditions have zero impact on Chauvin's criminal culpability, that's why.

17. Lampshade

Lampshade

We have two autopsies, both of which specifically cite compression of the neck as a causal factor and neither of which say anything about excited delerium.

But you're still trying to say it was excited delirium and the knee played no role...

You are beyond reason.

18. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

I think he just clarified his position on the police restraint comment.

flyover likes this.
  19. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

A couple comments about things I haven't seen in this thread from someone who grew up and had issues with MPD in this area.
    In the criminal complaint, it is written that Floyd began saying he couldn't breathe and was claustrophobic when MPD attempted to put him in the squad. One of the officers asked if they should roll him on his side, and was rebuffed by Chauvin, the senior officer on scene.

There has been no release of the private autopsy report or actual statement by the doctors of which I am aware. Everything given out has been by the lawyer hired by the family.

There is still time during the incident that we have not seen. We have seen the initial contact, Floyd being led to the squad, him being pulled out of the squad. But not what happened between the two.

Appointing Ellison as lead prosecutor was not a good move for the Governor in my opinion. Ellison has made statements in the previous week prejudicing the entire possible jury pool, has never prosecuted a criminal case that I am aware, and I really don't like the idea that the Governor is appointing someone over the county attorney that has been elected by the people. The fact that his son sits on the City Council and came out pledging his allegiance to Antifa is another issue. I literally heard while typing this Attorney General Ellison say that raising charges to 1st degree murder is on the table. He should know that 1st degree murder requires premeditation and/or one of six other specific things, none of which could reasonably be believed to exist in this case.

Sharkey likes this.
  20. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

There IS a video showing what happened from the time the dead guy was first approached in his car right up until the point where the video showing him being the victim of a homicide. Maybe you should look at it and tell us if anything at all that the guy did deserved him being killed.

ILeft likes this.