Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, I will be loading up a few AK mags, probably for the M70B1 or Yugo M92PV......or both.

I will also load some 30-round ETS mags for the suppressed Glock 22 (w/9mm conversion barrel).

Also, I plan on loading the Mossberg Shockwave 20G and the Hawk 982 12G.

If this thing hits Broward County head on it could get ugly here. Please pray for us in Florida, thanks and God bless!

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
I'm loading up water, and firing up my chainsaw, generator, and lawn mower.

I have a full stock of non perishable goods, lots of tuna, canned veggies, canned goods in general, rice, beans, etc., am all about stuff that will last a year, with no power.

While I have some Mountain House stuff, and some cases of MRE's, not so much about them, are far cheaper options out there, but understand, I need stuff that will last 5 years out. It is my backup, Alamo supplies.

My biggest thing is, if this storm makes it way into the Gulf of Mexico, am bugging out, have family 200 miles north, that I will go huddle up with, and come back to what have you.

These storms are no joke, folks. My parents rode out Frederick, and said they would never do that again, sat under the kitchen table and listened to the entire house come apart around them, parts of the roof blew off, trees blew down, parts of the trees coming through the house around them, and supporting walls were blown down, we had 33 trees in the yard before the storm, 4 were left standing afterward.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I live in north central NC and when Fran came through it blew down three huge oaks in my yard and shook my house so hard it cracked window panes. I can't imagine what it would be like to take a direct hit from one of these storms. I agree with plp, get the heck out of Dodge.

·
Native Mainiac
26,684 Posts
Me, I will be loading up a few AK mags, probably for the M70B1 or Yugo M92PV......or both.

I will also load some 30-round ETS mags for the suppressed Glock 22 (w/9mm conversion barrel).

If this thing hits Broward County head on it could get ugly here. Please pray for us in Florida, thanks and God bless!
You planning on shooting poor old hurricane Dorian if if crosses your path or sumthin'??

Think you're better off loading up the coolers with ice and water and your gas cans with fuel for the genny if ya' got one.

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
Sure gonna be alotta homeless folks after this. I cant imagine all the looting either.

My prayers are with ya`ll, stay as safe as you can.
Florida is not Louisiana; there will be very little looting, just as there was very little looting the last half dozen times we were hit hard somewhere by a storm.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Water and Gas. I have 2 gen. sets. One I lone out to friends the other I won't even let any one else touch. It will run my whole house. Got plenty of easy fix food . I am ready.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I am stocked up in Brevard county. Clean the gutters maybe a little tree trimming. Shutters Sunday unless a big change before then.

Last time around reports of
some home invasions though it was always third hand. I heard form someone who knows someone who said their neighbor had someone kick down their door. Either way I can repel intruders if needed.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm stocked up on hurricane supplies and was before the storm was heading this way. Nothing else needs to be loaded because they already are.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I'm loading up water, and firing up my chainsaw, generator, and lawn mower.

I have a full stock of non perishable goods, lots of tuna, canned veggies, canned goods in general, rice, beans, etc., am all about stuff that will last a year, with no power.

While I have some Mountain House stuff, and some cases of MRE's, not so much about them, are far cheaper options out there, but understand, I need stuff that will last 5 years out. It is my backup, Alamo supplies.

My biggest thing is, if this storm makes it way into the Gulf of Mexico, am bugging out, have family 200 miles north, that I will go huddle up with, and come back to what have you.

These storms are no joke, folks. My parents rode out Frederick, and said they would never do that again, sat under the kitchen table and listened to the entire house come apart around them, parts of the roof blew off, trees blew down, parts of the trees coming through the house around them, and supporting walls were blown down, we had 33 trees in the yard before the storm, 4 were left standing afterward.
This guy knows what he's talking about!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
As long as you have a house left.
Prayer`s with ya ron.
No use in worrying. There is nothing else I can do. Just make do. Lost roof last one. There are people that will be worse off then me.

·
Registered
32,388 Posts

No body armor, ballistic helmets, night vision? Seems like you are really unprepared.

Good luck, sounds like you are going to need it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.